Anyone use this calibre ? Have just seen some ammo for it and it looks more like artillary fodder than rifle ammo !

I believe the continentals like it for boar and larger beasties, but other than perhaps boar I can't see a practical need for it in the UK unless it's size is misleading when it comes to actual performance downrange (although I doubt it).

Heavy thumper for Boar that is a popular calibre in Europe although perhaps a little less so than its smaller 62mm cased brother which is quite common. A bit loopy in the trajectory for hill deer range game but not out of the question.

Got a 9.3x62 (Bolt action brother). The x74mm long case is so it goes into and extracts from chambers nicely.

The 9.3 is not a "Long range" chambering and quite slow. Most loads tend to be around 285gr but there are 315gr down to 232gr I can think of in factory loadings. Fun but more of a woodland rather than open hill round

Quite an "emphatic" round on impact. The 9.3 x 62 was very popular out in Botswana when I was a kid. Worked well out to 200 and you really should be able to get that close in my opinion.

David.

1 hour ago, Kalahari said:

Quite an "emphatic" round on impact. The 9.3 x 62 was very popular out in Botswana when I was a kid. Worked well out to 200 and you really should be able to get that close in my opinion.

David.

It certainly was on the fox I shot with mine.... :D

Guest stevo
    3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I have some brand new cases of 9.3 x 62 .....pay the postage or collect and they are yours.   Not sure how many but enough to be of interest to anyone who loads this cartridge.

You sir are just a good old fashioned legend ,over the years  most your posts have just been about GIVING in one form or another  👍 , your a rare breed . 

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo
    20 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Does that mean your grovelling for them :good:  Lincoln it says, pass that way every other Tuesday to shoot up near Horncastle.

No mate haha , I have no use for them , if I did want I would have just asked you outright 👍, it was a genuine comment. 

I used to have a Beretta 689 oh in 9.3x 74r great gun and fast to use on driven boar.

i is not a hard kicking round more of a stout shove . My rifle was regulated for 286gr  bullets traveling at around the 2200-2400 FPS mark I have a slot for its big brother the 9.3mm x62 which is good out to 300yard or so both have lots of energy .

Mowdy

27A3370E-4CDC-4BFC-A4CB-BB5A93CA59D0.jpeg