Ditch is at it "again"

ditchman

yes folks.....he's at it agin.................

im sick and tired of spending 20 mins spreading camo over the landrover when i go shootin'.....so i did a bit of an experiment using "ghost net".....now this is lightweight and is easy to pull over the landy....cause it dont get snagged...........unlike my old army camo which gets snagged on everything...........so i bought 8metres of the stuff from A1 decoys..........I HOPE YOU ARE READING THIS CAUSE IT CAME HERE WITH A BLOODY ROUND HOLE IN IT DAMMIT

anyway i cut it into 2 bits and am sewing it together.........and with the other bits i will cut and join onto the end............

im using MY sewing machine of which im very proud of ...as i rescued it from a skip about 10 years ago ...found 2nd hand bits for it and all the hemming tools and quilting attatchments etc....and got an original handbook for it......it was built in 1927...and works a dream now......

the other one i am in the process of rebuilding it is a Wilcox&gibbs chainstitcher.......built in 1899..........and belive it or not you can still get parts for it in Norfolk....im just waiting for a new leather drive belt and a new standard needle and a repro intruction book.........i rekon it is a little beaut'.........i shall give it to my daughter so she can hem dresses and make scarves and stuff....very easy to use as it dosnt have a bobbin..............

i shall post some more pics of the landy cammo out in the field as i do it

ditch

sewing camo 001tn_.JPG

sewing camo 002tn_.JPG

sewing camo 003tn_.JPG

sewing camo 004tn_.JPG

sewing camo 005tn_.JPG

sewing camo 006tn_.JPG

sewing camo 007tn_.JPG

sewing camo 008tn_.JPG

sewing camo 009tn_.JPG

sewing camo 010tn_.JPG

sewing camo 011tn_.JPG

sewing camo 012tn_.JPG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

cut to length my boy.........

Spluttterrrrr!!!!!:yahoo:

Ny grandmother had what appears to be an identical machine to that Singer....does it have a treadle ? The mechanism facinated me as a small child.

No reason at all why you should not do a bit of stitching Ditch.  I have a more modern machine which is very useful.

Good to see two brilliant bits of British enginnering being cared for.

Edited by Walker570

7 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Spluttterrrrr!!!!!:yahoo:

Ny grandmother had what appears to be an identical machine to that Singer....does it have a treadle ? The mechanism facinated me as a small child.

No reason at all why you should not do a bit of stitching Ditch.  I have a more modern machine which is very useful.

Good to see two brilliant bits of British enginnering being cared for.

actually the wilcox&gibb is american..............it was originally designed as a lightweight sewing machine for purchase by wagon train settlers as something small as space was a premium on the wagon train trail............

interesting eh !

12 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

We are of course missing a picture of the dressed vehicle in all of its concealment!

You must have tried it on in the garden.

as said in the first post...i will add more pics as i go along................

i once put a singer marine engine in a small ketch...........when i started it up ...it sounded just like one of their sewing machines ...sooooo quiet....all you heard was the valves clicking and the hiss of air being sucked into the carb............

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Sorry to read this. The mighty 'Ditch' has turned his workshop into eeeerrrrrrrrrr a girls room 😥

gender fluid mate................gettin in touch wiv moi femernin side............................

i will be runnin up a suspernder belt if anybody would care to visit me.........:lol:

mind you if you expecting a "blow"......i will run my Sthil 85s   up for you....ive done moi leaves so i have a bit of time free.............

Edited by ditchman

5 hours ago, Jaymo said:

I’m def beginning to worry about you boi

i bet you cant wait to start your MIG welding coarse here in the old ditchy shed............if yer "Y" fronts have a few "blow" holes in em ...i can get the old singer out and darn em...:lol:

now get back in yer cockpit........

roger over an out......

With me forever looking for the easy way out when it comes to pigeon shooting , if I had a Green land rover like yours I would be very tempted to drive down the tramlines or across a stubble field , turn the front facing the wind , and put a hide up in front of the tailgate and start shooting , I am not so sure covering it up in camo net would make much difference than if you didn't bother.

Having said that , if your idea catch on you might get people like A1 Decoys make them to fit various motors , and it will stem from Ditchies idea with a vintage sewing machine in a little hamlet in the outbacks of Norfolk 😊 

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

With me forever looking for the easy way out when it comes to pigeon shooting , if I had a Green land rover like yours I would be very tempted to drive down the tramlines or across a stubble field , turn the front facing the wind , and put a hide up in front of the tailgate and start shooting , I am not so sure covering it up in camo net would make much difference than if you didn't bother.

Having said that , if your idea catch on you might get people like A1 Decoys make them to fit various motors , and it will stem from Ditchies idea with a vintage sewing machine in a little hamlet in the outbacks of Norfolk 😊 

give us a few days and i will finish it and post some pics up.................

remember i have access to all the land i shoot on as the farmer lets me drive all around the fields on his management strip ....as long as i dont spin the wheels up when its wet ...........