Ditch is at it "again"

ditchman

On 11/10/2018 at 13:31, ditchman said:

yes folks.....he's at it agin.................

im sick and tired of spending 20 mins spreading camo over the landrover when i go shootin'.....so i did a bit of an experiment using "ghost net".....now this is lightweight and is easy to pull over the landy....cause it dont get snagged...........unlike my old army camo which gets snagged on everything...........so i bought 8metres of the stuff from A1 decoys..........I HOPE YOU ARE READING THIS CAUSE IT CAME HERE WITH A BLOODY ROUND HOLE IN IT DAMMIT

anyway i cut it into 2 bits and am sewing it together.........and with the other bits i will cut and join onto the end............

im using MY sewing machine of which im very proud of ...as i rescued it from a skip about 10 years ago ...found 2nd hand bits for it and all the hemming tools and quilting attatchments etc....and got an original handbook for it......it was built in 1927...and works a dream now......

the other one i am in the process of rebuilding it is a Wilcox&gibbs chainstitcher.......built in 1899..........and belive it or not you can still get parts for it in Norfolk....im just waiting for a new leather drive belt and a new standard needle and a repro intruction book.........i rekon it is a little beaut'.........i shall give it to my daughter so she can hem dresses and make scarves and stuff....very easy to use as it dosnt have a bobbin..............

i shall post some more pics of the landy cammo out in the field as i do it

ditch

sewing camo 001tn_.JPG

sewing camo 002tn_.JPG

sewing camo 003tn_.JPG

sewing camo 004tn_.JPG

sewing camo 005tn_.JPG

sewing camo 006tn_.JPG

sewing camo 007tn_.JPG

sewing camo 008tn_.JPG

sewing camo 009tn_.JPG

sewing camo 010tn_.JPG

sewing camo 011tn_.JPG

sewing camo 012tn_.JPG

I don,t suppose you could shorten my new cord trousers?:whistling::whistling:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

forget the landy idea,,,,,,i think your makin up camo frocks?

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i was thinking i might make up a nice cammo jacket................."never mind the quality ...feel the width my boy "............

And Jaymo is your model, complete with silver thong!:lol::good:

just finished putting the lopes on the net now..............i may have to re-enforce the seams a bit...should be alright tho'..............will sew a couple of sleeves on it where the shooting blind is...so the adjustable poles can slide into them.............

might post a pic up later...

23 minutes ago, marsh man said:

What about putting Ditchie the Stitchy above your haberdashery shop ( man cave ), people will soon cotton on to it . 

you cruel swine............................that cheap shot is going to cost you a tea at the acle sale next week...................

i shall be in disguise wearing a carnation :ninja:.........as Harnser might rekonise me and there will be an akward moment as to why im not knife making yet...:lol:

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

you cruel swine............................that cheap shot is going to cost you a tea at the acle sale next week...................

i shall be in disguise wearing a carnation :ninja:.........as Harnser might rekonise me and there will be an akward moment as to why im not knife making yet...:lol:

Tell yer , these cheap sewing jokes are wearing a bit thin , oh by the way , was the knife making on another thread :lol:

I like the carnation disguise , will you be wearing a White sports coat and a Pink carnation ? , and for an extra cup of tea , who was the Singer.:hmm:

right enuff jokulismary..............

fitted it to the landrover "outa in da fieeld"...................

not too bad...took less than 4 mins to put up ...as i didnt keep getting snagged............what i will do know...(in fact ive already started) is to un pick some of the loose leafy shapes off the army net and attatch them to the outside of the ghost net to break up the outline............................

will keep you posted on that..............

landy cammo net 001tn_.JPG

landy cammo net 002tn_.JPG

landy cammo net 003tn_.JPG

landy cammo net 004tn_.JPG

landy cammo net 005tn_.JPG

landy cammo net 006tn_.JPG

landy cammo net 007tn_.JPG

landy cammo net 008tn_.JPG

landy cammo net 009tn_.JPG

47 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Brilliant and if it only takes a couple of minutes to hide or pack up it is great.:good:

it is just soooo much less effort............all that stretching and pulling i was doing on HAULING  and unsnagging on the old army net was making my hernia twinge a bit.........this is so easy...................i will in the next few days stretch it out and put a few bits of dressing on it from the old army net....to break the outline out......

On 11/10/2018 at 14:22, Walker570 said:

Spluttterrrrr!!!!!:yahoo:

Ny grandmother had what appears to be an identical machine to that Singer....does it have a treadle ? The mechanism facinated me as a small child.

No reason at all why you should not do a bit of stitching Ditch.  I have a more modern machine which is very useful.

Good to see two brilliant bits of British enginnering being cared for.

As did my mum until fairly recently.