Ditch is at it "again"

ditchman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just taking the cammo off an old army net...to put on the ghost net to break the outline up and soften the edges..........

5 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

Well done Ditchman brilliant result , works well and saves time and effort so 10/10, Pigeon Watch Star. 

You can now park anywhere with out being seen .

i think "these" stars should be added to our profile ....like medals..:lol:

Not wishing to piggy back on Simons post. Ever since I did my landy in camo paint I have wondered. What would happen if someone ploughed into me on tree lined country lane, if they told the insurance company they didnt see me. At the end of the day camouflage is concealment. Makes you think :lol:

You've put me to shame now, after trying several times to cover the car in nets which just got hooked on every part of the bodywork and usually got ripped as I would loose my rag with them, I bought a huge supposedly camo tarpaulin off the net, 1st time I used it over my black Vitara the wind nearly blew the whole thing into the nearest dyke, after I finally managed to anchor it down with dozens of bungee's it looked like a huge shiny bird scare flapping in the wind , It took so much effort to assemble it I was too k-nack-e-red to set the hide up, so now it lives in the back of the shed until I can think of another use for it, I may be able to use it as a giant light reflector as the shine on it was so dazzling I needed sun glasses to take it down. 

I have gone back to parking  200 yards away and walking back to the hide, which is OK as I can still load and unload where I need to set up. 

I did suggest to the wife it would be an idea to get the Vitara repainted in camo but I can't print her response on here as it was a a bit rude and a definite no.

So if you do go into production with these vehicle hides put me down for one, :good::good:

2 minutes ago, lakeside1000 said:

You've put me to shame now, after trying several times to cover the car in nets which just got hooked on every part of the bodywork and usually got ripped as I would loose my rag with them, I bought a huge supposedly camo tarpaulin off the net, 1st time I used it over my black Vitara the wind nearly blew the whole thing into the nearest dyke, after I finally managed to anchor it down with dozens of bungee's it looked like a huge shiny bird scare flapping in the wind , It took so much effort to assemble it I was too k-nack-e-red to set the hide up, so now it lives in the back of the shed until I can think of another use for it, I may be able to use it as a giant light reflector as the shine on it was so dazzling I needed sun glasses to take it down. 

I have gone back to parking  200 yards away and walking back to the hide, which is OK as I can still load and unload where I need to set up. 

I did suggest to the wife it would be an idea to get the Vitara repainted in camo but I can't print her response on here as it was a a bit rude and a definite no.

So if you do go into production with these vehicle hides put me down for one, :good::good:

any other time i would love to...................im behind on my knife thread at the moment , so i mustnt get sidetracked........:lol:

just planted a walnut tree this morning....i had it as a 3" high baby and it is now 10ft tall....it was getting stressed where it was ...so i moved it to nearer the old dog run....given it a good feed with blood fish and bone meal...and watererd in with some muck from the compost heap...which is the highest hill around here..

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

any other time i would love to...................im behind on my knife thread at the moment , so i mustnt get sidetracked........

just planted a walnut tree this morning....i had it as a 3" high baby and it is now 10ft tall....it was getting stressed where it was ...so i moved it to nearer the old dog run....given it a good feed with blood fish and bone meal...and watererd in with some muck from the compost heap...which is the highest hill around here..

Your either Green fingered , or you have been watching Gardeners World in your permitted one hour a day free time , GOOD LUCK with the continuing growth of your growing up Walnut tree .

Your compost heap might have been on the map I was looking at the other night , it stated there was a man made hill in your area that was nearly 4 feet 9 inches above sea level , I wont of thought there would be any others . :lol: 

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

i dont know how i missed this thread . youve made a cracking job of that camo cover , and those old machines are beautiful .

where's yer bin....................you are usually all ova da place..:lol:

got there in the end...............(i was using the old chopping board again this evening.....that always brings a smile to my face)....:good:

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

where's yer bin....................you are usually all ova da place..

got there in the end...............(i was using the old chopping board again this evening.....that always brings a smile to my face)....:good:

Funnily enough,  I've been planning making a few more of the boards and knives this evening, how's the board holding up ?.

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Funnily enough,  I've been planning making a few more of the boards and knives this evening, how's the board holding up ?.

that "sealer " you put on is very resistant to cutting and chopping...........works very well..:good:

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

that "sealer " you put on is very resistant to cutting and chopping...........works very well..:good:

That's excellent news, I've got quite a bit of that wood to go at , so I'll get a few boards and knives ready for Christmas. 

I'm having a rather torrid love affair with oak at the moment, I've always been a metal basher , but I'm finding oak fascinating, it's super strong and pretty as anything.