Magnets

Rob525

Hi guys next time im out im out with the gun im going to bring some empty shell cases back and make some fridge magnets. My idea is to turn them upsidown fill them woth epoxy resin and drop a little magnet in them from ebay. Fillig them so the level comes just over the brass so not to scratch my fridge! 

The only thing is on ebay there are thousands of magnets and ive no idea wich ones to get. Too strong... to weak... no idea how to tell?

Can anyone help?

Also has anyone got a different idea/way of making them? I know they are available but thats not the point!

Thanks

Something like this for the Magnets.

I find most fridge magnets to be on the weak side allowing large Final Demand Notices to slip down the side of the fridge behind the worktop resulting in a BIG surprise when Bailiffs come calling :whistling:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50pcs-N35-Strong-Round-Disc-Magnets-Rare-Earth-Neodymium-Magnets-4x2mm/263981728026?hash=item3d7689811a:g:OHwAAOSw0G9bvGbT:rk:2:pf:0

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 20:24, Rob525 said:

Hi guys next time im out im out with the gun im going to bring some empty shell cases back and make some fridge magnets. My idea is to turn them upsidown fill them woth epoxy resin and drop a little magnet in them from ebay. Fillig them so the level comes just over the brass so not to scratch my fridge! 

The only thing is on ebay there are thousands of magnets and ive no idea wich ones to get. Too strong... to weak... no idea how to tell?

Can anyone help?

Also has anyone got a different idea/way of making them? I know they are available but thats not the point!

Thanks

Did you decide on a magnet in the end? 

Id like to do some for Christmas gifts but not sure which to get either. 

Thanks 

I’ve only just seen this thread - I tried this myself a while back. I bought the 8mm x 3mm neodymiums (50 for a fiver or something like that) from eBay and once you’ve cut off the plastic casing they sit on top of the primer cap and are flush with the metal unless there’s a lot of brass. I didn’t bother with resin, just a quick squirt from a glue gun around the magnet keeps everything neatly in place. 

4 hours ago, Cheesefiend said:

I’ve only just seen this thread - I tried this myself a while back. I bought the 8mm x 3mm neodymiums (50 for a fiver or something like that) from eBay and once you’ve cut off the plastic casing they sit on top of the primer cap and are flush with the metal unless there’s a lot of brass. I didn’t bother with resin, just a quick squirt from a glue gun around the magnet keeps everything neatly in place. 

Ive literally just cut a few carts down to the brass and I've found that too, I was looking at circular mdf packers but the only cart I've got with a long enough brass is a super steel so I think I'll stick with the 1mm magnets, thanks for the input. 

On 11/10/2018 at 20:52, Snoozer said:

Neodymium magnets are not your run of the mill jobbies trust me there a tad stronger, I would for the price grab some small ones to start with see how you get on but to big and you'll drag the fridge down to Tesco's with the note still attached :w00t:

I use them in antler horn stick heads to pick up cartridges.