G Clamps.

Westley

1 hour ago, Chris B. said:

They are only a fiver each from Screwfix, probably cheaper than postage.

It is the 'screwfix' variety that they are replacing. Thread is knackered and they are now dangerous, just do not fancy testing the 'Englands' jacket  !

2 hours ago, winnie&bezza said:

I’m sure I’ve got some mate, will dig them out tomorrow. If so, just cover postage if that’s alright 👍🏻

Thank you for that. No panic, my season is all but over for this year, especially in a boat.

Thanks guys'  I know I can buy NEW cheap enough, BUT most if not all of the threads are of the fine variety and they can strip easily (which is what has happened). I was therefore asking about the older types which had a course thread. I already use 2 of this type on my seat and they are fine. These are for my boat partners seat, to save my fishing him out of the water if the thread went again  !

20 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Westley - you should have said when you called the other week - I have a few knocking about, which you would have been welcome to. If you get stuck holler.

Thanks Gordon, the original 'Wicks Special' was still working then. Had a bit of an 'incident' whilst out in a boat on a reservoir  !  My 2 original ;Record' clamps are still going strong after some 45 + years.