Anyone using bodygrip traps ?

30-6

Anyone using these ?

What are the sizes in inches or metric of the 110 and the 116, is it worth getting each size, or are they near enough the same ?

I am catching around my friends farm with the fenns, but like trying new things.

If you had to pick one brand, fenn or bodygrip, which would win, any pros or cons ?

5"Wx4"D and 5"Wx5"D

I've not noticed any difference in catching capability between them.

I probably have the same number of fenn's and bodygrip down and both types seem to catch the same numbers.

Bodygrip are great for squirrels though.

Like you I just like trying different ones. If you do buy some bodygrip try the 116 first and buy the setting tool. They are strong and ruddy hard to set without it.

For the setting tool, I went to the local builder yard and bought a galvanized length of bar, the type used for bracing joists.

Hacksaw, file, small bolt and a bit of shrink tube, 30 minutes later, a setting tool.

Edit to add - I found by adding a zip tie ( think they are called that ) on each side of the spring, it prevents the setting tool sliding down when using.

Edited by 30-6