mel b3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

There is a very simple route cause to all these problems; too many people on a small planet.

That and an increasing addiction to a consumer lifestyle. Fifty years ago where my house is in Thailand the farmers used to have to barricade their pigs into covered stockades at night to prevent tigers coming out of the jungle and taking them. There are people my age who can remember those times. Fast forward a generation and nowadays  in my street half the houses have two or more cars parked outside and down the road they're bulldozing massive tracts of land to build a 6 lane bypass around the city. That way everyone can drive to the shopping malls to buy consumer tat without getting stuck in traffic. Needless to say there are no tigers around. They disappeared completely about 30 years ago.

In Britain there hasn't been so much of a change. In the developing world the transformation is fast, massive and ongoing. For the wildlife the future doesn't look good at all.