West Mercia and Warwickshire Police

Graham M

Sad to see my old force reduced to this.  I think we had more police officers when I joined in 1962.

Just looked at the report and was taken aback by the scruffy appearance of that PCC Campion....

would not give me great confidence if I lived in West Mercia.  I'll lend him a tie if he can't afford one.

Edited by Walker570

I just had to look up West Mercia as had not heard of it.

I am now educated and think it would be Warks that got the raw deal, however I have no idea.

While doing this I see that West Midlands police are a possible future partner for Warks. I can only this as a bad thing, metropolitan and rural police forces have little in common.

I joined the original Warwickshire, then it became Warwicks and Coventry, when the City Police got absorbed, then with the formation of larger force areas the West Midlands force was formed and took away part of Warwickshire and Coventry City. I stayed in that part of the West Midlands force which was taken over. For many years we were known as the West Muddleland Force as officers where wearing their original uniforms, albeit with new badges and numbers for some, but different headgear.  Things did not get any better until Geoffrey Deere arrived as Chief Constable and he pulled the force back into some sort of shape. Prior to that  some of us looked back at the now very small Warwickshire force and wished we had stayed put.

They claimed they would save a lot of money by amalgamating ......... and now they claim the will save another lot of money by separating.

I won't hold my breath for the rates to go down though.  Idiots, the lot of them, with no idea of how to wisely spend the taxpayer/ratepayer's money - and it seems no idea of running a Police Force either.