Gamebore Silver Steel Fibre

johnnytheboy

I’m not a huge fan of gamebore mainly due to their over estimation of velocity’s for marketing purposes however, I shot some of these cartridges recently and was surprised with the results. They are 3” cartridge with a 32g load of steel 4s, I shot them through a silver pigeon with 1/2 choke. Fair enough it was at driven ducks and not real Wildfowling but it gave me plenty chances to fire them at reasonable Wildfowling ranges. All in all They killed ducks and I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again! 

33 minutes ago, johnnytheboy said:

I’m not a huge fan of gamebore mainly due to their over estimation of velocity’s for marketing purposes however, I shot some of these cartridges recently and was surprised with the results. They are 3” cartridge with a 32g load of steel 4s, I shot them through a silver pigeon with 1/2 choke. Fair enough it was at driven ducks and not real Wildfowling but it gave me plenty chances to fire them at reasonable Wildfowling ranges. All in all They killed ducks and I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again! 

👍 whilst I'd agree you probably had more free movement as opposed to being stuck up to your bottom in slub and mud But air space along with range is exactly the same no matter where you stand. Well done on your Driven Duck shooting 👍 

This is NOT a personal dig at yourself but it does make me smile when i read/hear that shooter's use eg 32gr Steel Inland yet when shooting on the foreshore they up there payload and shot size. Sorry being off thread with you testing etc what's your thoughts on the Fiochi 3" 36grm cartridges and as of yet I've not been able to buy any to try

1 hour ago, johnnytheboy said:

They make a nice cartridge which I do use but in this respect I think the air up in Hull must be very thin.

1 hour ago, 6.5x55SE said:

👍 whilst I'd agree you probably had more free movement as opposed to being stuck up to your bottom in slub and mud But air space along with range is exactly the same no matter where you stand. Well done on your Driven Duck shooting 👍 

This is NOT a personal dig at yourself but it does make me smile when i read/hear that shooter's use eg 32gr Steel Inland yet when shooting on the foreshore they up there payload and shot size. Sorry being off thread with you testing etc what's your thoughts on the Fiochi 3" 36grm cartridges and as of yet I've not been able to buy any to try

Likewise I can’t find the 3” fiocchi cartridge to test, in the time I’ve been looking for it though I’m sure the 3” cartridge has been redesigned and is now 35g payload. 

36 minutes ago, johnnytheboy said:

Likewise I can’t find the 3” fiocchi cartridge to test, in the time I’ve been looking for it though I’m sure the 3” cartridge has been redesigned and is now 35g payload. 

Thanks for your prompt reply.

A few years back i tried the Fiochi 2-3/4" 32grm AND 2-3/4" 35grm in black and green cases Both killed geese well enough even though i reload i do like to try anything new on the market IF i can buy them

Edited by 6.5x55SE

On 13/10/2018 at 21:19, Stimo22 said:

We use Gamebore silver steel all the time for our wild bird inland wildfowling. Had a couple of lovely high teal this evening with them. They are fibre wadded and I would recommend them to anyone. 

Inland wildfowling??? That's a new one on me