GECO 22lr semi auto

arm3000gt

I've been trying a number of different ammo types over the last couple of weeks, and I am almost at a stage to buy another selection.

Has anyone used GECO 22lr semi auto? How did you find them for consistency? Many flyers etc. Only ask, as the shop near me would have to order in and if they are rubbish I won't bother.

I'll be using them in a Ruger 10/22 for paper punching and turning targets.

Thanks

Edited by arm3000gt

Thanks. What rifle were you using them in? More consistent than CCI Mini Mag?

I will add Eley Club to the list next time I go shopping.

So far I have tried:

Federal Champion, Fiocchi SV, CCI SV, CCI Mini Mag, RWS Semi Auto, SK Match, SK Standard Plus, Eley Force. The best so far is Eley Force close behind CCI SV and worst by a huge margin is Federal Champion. All have fired, extracted and fed fine so no other issues apart from 1 bad primer.

The Caveat here is that EVERY rf barrel will prefer one type of ammo over all the others and even down to batches within that type of ammunition so be prepared to always be on the hunt for the most accurate. I tried Geco semi in my SIG 522, and whilst it cycled OK it was not a nice grouping cartridge. 

My SIG will shoot well under 1/2MOA all day long on RWS semi-auto  and only start to clag up after 250+ rounds. Most Semis at both the clubs I attend will work very well on it but some are more accurate than others.

11 hours ago, arm3000gt said:

Thanks. What rifle were you using them in? More consistent than CCI Mini Mag?

I will add Eley Club to the list next time I go shopping.

So far I have tried:

Federal Champion, Fiocchi SV, CCI SV, CCI Mini Mag, RWS Semi Auto, SK Match, SK Standard Plus, Eley Force. The best so far is Eley Force close behind CCI SV and worst by a huge margin is Federal Champion. All have fired, extracted and fed fine so no other issues apart from 1 bad primer.

useing ck 455 target the one with thumbhole stock 

9 hours ago, davewh100 said:

useing ck 455 target the one with thumbhole stock 

Which incidentally happens to be my next on my wish list.

Yep realise what works in one might not work so well in another. I'll try and get hold of some as not come across any bad review.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I've been testing lots of the above ammo in TC R55 Benchmark Classic recently (RWS Match, Club, Eley Sport, Action, Club, SK Match) and finally the Geco semi-auto, as it the cheapest but it shot as well as the best more expensive RWS, grouping 10 well inside sub 2" @ 100 yards.  They are a bit waxy and can FTF when the guns cold occasionally but the TC does have a notoriously tight chamber....I really rate them!

Jason