Waste of tax payers money Eugenie wedding petition

It was bound to be expensive. Our head of state was there. Not good to let people bump off the head of state! Anybody ask what the security would have been like if the President of the USA, Chansellor of Germany, President of France (I could go on) had been there. We live in quite difficult times.

David.

The TV rights, sold around the world,  probably made more than it cost many times over.

Its no more than a Royal Family reality TV event. On a par with the Jungle or celebrity big brother but with a higher profile cast.

For the BBC its an absolute gift, they just have to set up the cameras, they don't have to pay the 'actors', don't have to pay for the venue or the cars, or the security and the market for it around the world is knocking on the BBC's door wanting a slice 

41 minutes ago, toontastic said:

Queen Elizabeth 2nd definitely sounds much better than President Blair.

Because you can pretty much guarantee that if the monarchy was scrapped and we had an elected head of state Blair would crawl straight out from under his rock and try to be elected.

or even president Corbyn - kiss good by to democracy

52 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The TV rights, sold around the world,  probably made more than it cost many times over.

Its no more than a Royal Family reality TV event. On a par with the Jungle or celebrity big brother but with a higher profile cast.

For the BBC its an absolute gift, they just have to set up the cameras, they don't have to pay the 'actors', don't have to pay for the venue or the cars, or the security and the market for it around the world is knocking on the BBC's door wanting a slice 

BBC turned it down. Was on ITV.

There was probably paid tv rights from some company where did that money go into the queens fund ?> why couldnt they be used to cover security ? then you can bet the rest of the stuff was donated . I don't think royalty help themselves with stuff like this from the public fund its no bottomless 

Seems to me most folk know very little about anything.

Just their own opinions 

Who cares about who paid

Just saying like !!!

They are all just (lucky) Humans.

It's the way it is 

We can't change anything quickly?

Edited by mickyh

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

There was probably paid tv rights from some company where did that money go into the queens fund ?> why couldnt they be used to cover security ? then you can bet the rest of the stuff was donated . I don't think royalty help themselves with stuff like this from the public fund its no bottomless 

The crown estate is valued at 9 billion, it generates approx 300 million a year for the public purse. The royal family costs 43 million a year. I'll let you do the maths.