Tip 'guidance'

2 hours ago, Salopian said:

£10 per hundred birds + a sensible amount to show your appreciation of a job well done .£30 is plenty enough reward for a 150 bird day . Contrary to common belief Keepers do get paid + free vehicle , fuel, house and electricity .Grabbing ******** then go off for three weeks in Kenya or Caymon Isles.😃😃

Many a true word!.............

I'd say 10 per 100 is a bit light as a golden rule, wot can u buy nowadays for a tenner?? Days probably cost u 3-400 quid so an extra tnner to make £20+.

But i'd also say 40 is too much as a basic minimum.

Nowadays i'd say its hardly worth tipping less than £20 even for a small walked up day , althou my tip would stay similar right up to 100 birds but a lot depends on the day itself and the keeper.

Been on a dog training day as a gun where it was like herding cats with the handlers, we failed to shoot our bag 30 head, only shot about 20 but that was not the keepers fault (or ours as guns) wot should of been an easy 1/2 day turned into a nightmare for the keepers.

The doggy folk agreed to all chuck in £5 each, me and my mate done our own thing and gave the keeper a better tip,still only £20, think the keepers appreciated getting the craic with them more than the tip

I also know of local 'toff's' (for want of a better word) that get invited to plenty of decent shoots (for free) and think of nothing to tip £5 as standard no matter the bag size, i know off a few 250+ days for a fiver tip.

That hardly buys the keeper a pint in some pubs, so seems almost insuling esp when u have not paid a penny for the day (and don't have a shoot/keeper of their own so not returning the favor to the landowner either)

While i've yet to hear of a keeper sharing tips out to beaters, sometimes don't even split it with beat keepers/under keepers,.

1 keeper mate used to put on a crascking 3 day keepers day, took u to the pub 1 nite and hardly let u buy any drink, and great big barbie in a shed on the sat avo and he supplied all the meat etc.

That was his way of thanking the beaters and he paid for it out his tips.