Strictly

getthegat

Ok, I'll join you with my head over the parapet.

As a kid I'd always wanted to be a backing dancer on the telly but I didn't think kids from my village could do such things so I got a 'proper job'.

Anyway, I enjoy it and  I'm pleased to see that they're introducing contemporary, Jazz and street now. Not sure how the judges will manage as I don't think 'posture' and 'frame' can be judged so easily.

The pro dancers certainly put on a great show.

Only thing that sticks in my craw is the females drooling over the male celebs when they take their shirts off but there'd be hell to pay if there was a single 'phwoar!!!!' over the females' costumes.

I'm looking forward to Halloween week.😎

4 minutes ago, KFC said:

Ok, I'll join you with my head over the parapet.

As a kid I'd always wanted to be a backing dancer on the telly but I didn't think kids from my village could do such things so I got a 'proper job'.

Anyway, I enjoy it and  I'm pleased to see that they're introducing contemporary, Jazz and street now. Not sure how the judges will manage as I don't think 'posture' and 'frame' can be judged so easily.

The pro dancers certainly put on a great show.

Only thing that sticks in my craw is the females drooling over the male celebs when they take their shirts off but there'd be hell to pay if there was a single 'phwoar!!!!' over the females' costumes.

I'm looking forward to Halloween week.😎

A 'phwoar!!!!'........Doesn't have to be audible! Lol! 😜

I was 3 nights a week at Salsa class myself, when I was single ☺️I used to take several spare shirts for party night on Saturday which was combined with blues and free style. Sadly those days are just a memory but I could not bring myself to watch that carp. 

6 hours ago, Scully said:

I haven’t watched it since Flavia left, and even then I could take it or leave it; I wouldn’t make a point of watching it. 

I like to see who’s going to be on it at the start of each new series, but have to admit to not knowing who most of the ‘celebs’ are. 

Yes I got to admit  I also did have the hots for Flavia 😍

30 minutes ago, ditchman said:

give me plenty of notice as i will need to book in for a full frontal labotimy.............

Noooooo dont limit your horizons imagine the growth in the sequin market.

With your new found tailoring skills I reckon a new career beckons you just need to embrace the opportunity. 

41 minutes ago, oowee said:

When Diane Abbott makes the cut i will watch it. 

39 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Lol, now that’s one person I would love to see on mastermind 

36 minutes ago, ditchman said:

give me plenty of notice as i will need to book in for a full frontal labotimy.............

Blimey you lot are after some punishment, can you just imagine John Humphreys asking her a simple maths question?

22 minutes ago, oowee said:

Noooooo dont limit your horizons imagine the growth in the sequin market.

With your new found tailoring skills I reckon a new career beckons you just need to embrace the opportunity. 

get stuffed..:lol:

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Lol, now that’s one person I would love to see on mastermind 

christ that would be painful to watch,,,:oops:

9 hours ago, KFC said:

I don't think there's anyone on that panel who would "phwoar" over a female in any state of undress.

I like trying to work out who these "celebrities" are. I don't recognise any of the names and even when my wife explains who they are, I'm still none the wiser. 

At least I sparked some reactions. Some great replies. Varied views. Usual banter that brought a smile, much like the show and much needed in today's world. I know BBC can be too PC at times, I've gone off Country File, but Strictly is pretty harmless. Now don't get me started on carp like Xfactor or the like.....

Don,t mind strictly as you can just sit back and watch. The effort and days of training nerves and stress the contestants put in, then sarcastic comments from some of the judges when they have given their all in front of millions of viewers their friends and family in the audience make it a worthwhile watch.

Also some of the females are very easy on the eyes.

I was just thinking the other day, if someone had told my 20-something year old self in the early 1990s that in 2018 the most popular shows on TV would be a baking programme, a ballroom dancing show, and programmes where people (who's mental health in more than a few cases is somewhat questionable) live in close quarters in artificial environments and are voted off by the public, I would have thought they'd run mad. 

2 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

I was just thinking the other day, if someone had told my 20-something year old self in the early 1990s that in 2018 the most popular shows on TV would be a baking programme, a ballroom dancing show, and programmes where people (who's mental health in more than a few cases is somewhat questionable) live in close quarters in artificial environments and are voted off by the public, I would have thought they'd run mad. 

i still love watching "stars on sunday"....with harry secombe........Good old jess yates.........it was very unfortunate that people found out that hughie green was the father of jess yates daughter...the one that married that geldorf chap............

ahhh the good old days eh.............all very proper and correct...