Strictly

getthegat

8 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i still love watching "stars on sunday"....with harry secombe........Good old jess yates.........it was very unfortunate that people found out that hughie green was the father of jess yates daughter...the one that married that geldorf chap............

ahhh the good old days eh.............all very proper and correct...

I think you might have misunderstood my post, I wasn't harking back to any good old days and saying TV was better in the rosy past, it just strikes me that I thought (or perhaps hoped) that by now mainstream TV would be better than it actually is. Still, as I don't watch any of the stuff I'm on about it doesn't matter that much really. :) 

Edited by Thunderbird
typo

5 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

I was just thinking the other day, if someone had told my 20-something year old self in the early 1990s that in 2018 the most popular shows on TV would be a baking programme, a ballroom dancing show, and programmes where people (who's mental health in more than a few cases is somewhat questionable) live in close quarters in artificial environments and are voted off by the public, I would have thought they'd run mad. 

hello, do not forget that very popular programme GOGGLE BOX, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, do not forget that very popular programme GOGGLE BOX, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

christ.................how the other half live............them 2 who live in the cottage...i would have kicked her rear out years ago..winging...opioninated ...bossy....miserable...bag..

the bloke does nothing else 'cept fanny about after her..

mind you i do like the others cept that pug ugly bloke who always has his feet up next to a plate of food....he wants a slap as well....

i do like the indian family...dad and 2 sons..........they are very witty..

Edited by ditchman