Old Tom at it again.

dead eye alan

Got him out again on Saturday on a maze stubble, at 86 he still shoots well and makes some very good kills at 40 yards. We managed a very good bag of 43 picked up a few lost in thick brambles that even the dog would not venture in. He went home highly delighted with a smile from ear to ear, we don't get out very often together now as his legs have now almost completely given up, but when we do the banter and company make me feel all the effort is well worth it. 

At 86 Old Tom must be one of , if not the oldest pigeon shooter on the forum and long may he reign supreme , he give me 15 years and I very much doubt I will still be shooting pigeons at 86 , mind you , if I am still about I will certainly do my best to give it go .

Well done Alan , and I hope Toms legs hold out for a good few more years to come, and lets hope he stays in good health :good:

13 hours ago, figgy said:

Apologies for my ignorance who is Old Tom.

Sounds like you both had a good day.

Tom is a friend and shooting buddy of many years standing, soon to be 87 years young while working for rootes group many years ago his legs were run over by a truck and had to have the bones all pinned together again. He lives alone as his wife of 52 years married died 5 years ago, just him and his dog Prince now, and if I don't make the effort to get him out he sits at home and mopes all day.  That's him in my picture on the left after a monster (for us anyway) 125 day on some stubble, sadly that field is now being built on.