Oldish Scope

bruno22rf

Thanks maxtich but nearly as much as I paid for the gun - trying to keep total cost below £200 simply to see if an older gun/scope combo at the lower end of the price range is capable of performing well enough to reliably control Squirrels - gun £135 + mounts £15 so around £50 left :/.

?? Plenty of good used scopes come up over the last week or so well under £50 - Tasco 3-9x40 from the 70's sold within the last few days for £25 and scopes from Bushnell, Nikko and Leapers sell in this price range. From memory my only scope bought new was my Hawke 4-12x50 at just under £90 a short while back and, to be honest, it's not as good as my other 2 cheap, used items (Simmons 3-9x50 and NS Gameking 4-12x50?) both of which were about half the price. Point of the exercise is to build the combo on a tight budget and if I have to wait for the right glass to come along then so be it. Edd - that would be most helpful sir :good: have PM'd you my mobile number to make it easier for you.

On 15/10/2018 at 22:08, bruno22rf said:

Thanks maxtich but nearly as much as I paid for the gun - trying to keep total cost below £200 simply to see if an older gun/scope combo at the lower end of the price range is capable of performing well enough to reliably control Squirrels - gun £135 + mounts £15 so around £50 left .

Look at a Milbro 3-9 x 32 clear idea should do you for squirrels. £45?

Can't fault mine on a sub 12  PCP.