Direct Line insurance

AULD YIN

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Churchill insurance was started as an internet/ phone only insurance company by Credit Suisse to break free of the broker network who demanded high commission rates and held the industry to ransom because they only promoted the companies that paid them the most .commission. 

The name Churchill was plucked out of thin air after intensive market research found that to be the name that the General Public identified as being the most trustworthy  The nodding dog was again the product of huge amounts of market research to identify a trusted figure. As was the logo

Churchill was sold by Credit Suisse to RBS  who already owned Direct Line and they operated them in tandem until the RBS bailout when they were merged formally as Direct Line and floated as a separate company but still owned by RBS.

At this moment in time, I don't believe that Churchill or Direct Line actually underwrite any of their own portfolio. I believe they only act as middle men.

All very good,some  knowledgeable folk on this forum.

On 16/10/2018 at 12:30, AULD YIN said:

Just thought needed  photo ,this is what a pickup looks like according to direct line

IMG_0102.JPG

That looks very very nice fair play, you have got to see Direct lines point of view they don’t know you from Adam & there are some real idiots out there & by giving the go ahead to fit side windows might make that vehicle far easier to steal, I am very surprised nobody has not had a go at it already it’s one of the most popular vehicle for car thieves to target.

Edited by blackbird

9 hours ago, blackbird said:

That looks very very nice fair play, you have got to see Direct lines point of view they don’t know you from Adam & there are some real idiots out there & by giving the go ahead to fit side windows might make that vehicle far easier to steal, I am very surprised nobody has not had a go at it already it’s one of the most popular vehicle for car thieves to target.

Did say if it was a problem i would  have a landrover garage  fit the new sides after they were painted as its just bolts of and bolt on ,but still no.

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

I know for a fact Direct Line do not like modifications try Adrian Flux they are very good, but my advice would be leave it as it is as when you come to sell that car it’s exactly what people would be looking for.

thinking the same but for the hassle factor side of it

A lot of this going on. I worked for Aviva for 40yrs and insured my house (thatch/timber) with them for 26yrs and now they have said no cover from end of this month. What actually has happened - after a very heated complaint (I was an underwriter!!) - is that their direct arm does not write any non-standard properties now so I have transferred to a broker but still with Aviva but the stupid idiots in their call centre just said no cover from renewal. Anyone here who works in insurance brokering must be cheered by this even if I am p****d off with my old employer.

Edited by norfolk dumpling

• 1 month later...