Lincolnshire Police

Ttfjlc

If members aren’t happy with their shooting representatives, whether it be BASC, CPSA, NGO, CA or whatever, then why don’t they demand they do something about it, and do it now? 

If thousands of members rang to tell their organisation that if this issue isn’t resolved, and toot sweet, then they won’t be renewing, they may get some movement. But, it ain’t gonna happen because people can’t be bothered. 

51 minutes ago, Scully said:

If members aren’t happy with their shooting representatives, whether it be BASC, CPSA, NGO, CA or whatever, then why don’t they demand they do something about it, and do it now? 

If thousands of members rang to tell their organisation that if this issue isn’t resolved, and toot sweet, then they won’t be renewing, they may get some movement. But, it ain’t gonna happen because people can’t be bothered. 

Unfortunately Scully a lot of people are in the same boat as me, members of BASC through wildfowling clubs, unless the clubs go elsewhere there's not a great deal we can do. Out of interest I'll ring BASC tomorrow to see what the current update is if there is one, too late for me as I've paid but I can see what they're doing for people who have made a stand.

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I have pointed out, in previous posts, my initial thinking on the matter of what I would do in the current circumstances, although our representative bodies will have probably waived the white flag of surrender and committed us all to pay, long before my certificate comes up for renewal?............In my opinion, being forced under protest, to do something you don't agree with because it is not in line with current agreed guidance, is preferable to doing something you don't agree with.........without protest!...but each to their own!

I would not hold your breath waiting for a resolution to this by the home office. Government moves incredibly slowly unless its something they want. As you believe you have sufficient time left on your current certificate to not be unduly worried I would put that firmly in the I'm alright Jack camp. I have written yo my organisations registering my objection to the police going it alone and their inactivity on the matter also. My mp has also had the same and I had no reply from either. Basc has also withdrawn from forums such as this. You may have noticed that David has not posted on here for many months this was not a personal decision by him but forced upon him by basc. As we the shooting public have nobody to stand up for us refusing to pay in the areas affected just lightens the load on those forces as your file will just sit gathering dust as will your guns. Unless you have a remedy that we do not know of. 

14 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

In other words I take it you're saying you'll pay? If so what will your protest be?

Interesting to hear Notts are on the same bandwagon, I like how BASC say they will protest it, did they elaborate how they intend to do this? If it's the same way as Lincs then most people will be removing dust from their guns before they get chance to use them again, I don't mean to have a dig at BASC, I just believe they mean well at times but simply don't carry enough clout. 

Protest comes in many forms, for example, In the absence of advice and assistance from our representative organisation, of course, if we want to keep shooting, we will have to comply! But by placing on record, in writing with the police (PCC/CC) that you are complying with a police instruction under duress, and explaining why you object, you are potentially giving yourself another opportunity to obtain redress at a later date! If a judicial review comes out in our favour.

If we just comply without protest, it will be taken as acceptance, will weaken the case of those that wish to oppose this imposition, and even if a judicial review comes out in our favour, it is unlikely we will have any chance of successfully claiming redress.

1 hour ago, Ttfjlc said:

Unfortunately Scully a lot of people are in the same boat as me, members of BASC through wildfowling clubs, unless the clubs go elsewhere there's not a great deal we can do. Out of interest I'll ring BASC tomorrow to see what the current update is if there is one, too late for me as I've paid but I can see what they're doing for people who have made a stand.

My point exactly. People can’t be bothered. 

54 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Protest comes in many forms, for example, In the absence of advice and assistance from our representative organisation, of course, if we want to keep shooting, we will have to comply! But by placing on record, in writing with the police (PCC/CC) that you are complying with a police instruction under duress, and explaining why you object, you are potentially giving yourself another opportunity to obtain redress at a later date! If a judicial review comes out in our favour.

If we just comply without protest, it will be taken as acceptance, will weaken the case of those that wish to oppose this imposition, and even if a judicial review comes out in our favour, it is unlikely we will have any chance of successfully claiming redress.

Thanks for explaining, I admit to only moaning to my FLO about the fee, I await to see if a court case happens any time soon but I'm doubtful.