Sign in to follow this  
PPP

Which truck..

Inner redneck won’t be repressed and is demanding I buy a truck, which of the current crop is best? Needs to be as car like as poss and ideally not too slow, fuel economy and polar bears not a concern, thanks.

Edited by PPP

3 minutes ago, The Burpster said:

Haven’t tried the Mercedes or the Fiat but of all the rest we decided to buy the L200. 

I suggest you try as many as you can. 

Do something for myself??!! That’s not how things work now, just look at the ‘shooting wanted’ section...

In all seriousness I looked at a Navarro 2 years ago but the dealer was a muppet so i gave up, didn’t try others, I could do with a shortlist, there are loads now!

8 hours ago, PPP said:

Do something for myself??!! That’s not how things work now, just look at the ‘shooting wanted’ section...

In all seriousness I looked at a Navarro 2 years ago but the dealer was a muppet so i gave up, didn’t try others, I could do with a shortlist, there are loads now!

Ha ha OK.

vw Amarok

Mitsu L200 ( at least Warrior otherwise a bit basic)

isuzu Dmax (Yukon or Blade)

Ford Ranger

Hilux or Dmax. You do pay a premium for a Hilux but they are bomb proof and have a very good resale value. Most of the others are just the same body shell with a different badge.

Purely as a passenger, whilst deer stalking (also known as wandering around being charged 140 for the privilidge) the hilyx seemed nice

21 hours ago, ninjaferret said:

LANDCRUISER AMAZON I've had them all and none beat the Amazon 

Good call if only they did v8 in uk, standard oil burner is terrifyingly under powerred

Good call if only they did v8 in uk, standard oil burner is terrifyingly under powerred

Have you had one?  more than enough power from the straight 6 and will go where all the others won't, with ease and comfort

Had mine on a shoot one day and it went where a defender couldn't get and back.

i work in the motor trade :mad: which i dont normally tell anyone as i have no interest in cars unless they go across the field with my gear in. i have had a ranger for 7 years which has been virtually faultless. two of my mates have hiluxs which seem to be bullet proof and very capable . i would steer well clear of l200 and navara. but the amorak would get my vote now.

if you want something to waste money on get a land rover:lol:

2 hours ago, Trenny ranger said:

I’m in the trade as well 20 years in a Ford dealership I got a ranger one year ago should have got one years ago I love it 

I also work in a Ford dealership as a tech and a went for a series 5 L200 barbarian just not keen on the rangers but each to there own 🖒

Hilux gets my vote, I’ve got the invincible x fully loaded and very pleasant to drive on the road too,  even long distances,  only thing I would change if it was just for shooting In would be the tyres 👍