Beretta 687 stock bolt

general grievous

Does the beretta e store not tell you the length of the sporter stock bolt?

I would measure the gap and make a suitable spacer rather than try a standard 6mm bolt if you can find one of that length.

The complete original bolt with cup washers etc was over £20.00 a few years ago through a friendly rfd.

Edited by figgy

Screw the bolt in till it bottoms out . Now move the stock back away from the action , that will be the distance you need to remove. 

I would look for another bolt . Take your bolt somewere and get another one . Ask for a nut and bolt so you can check the thread pitch of yours with the new one , using the nut . . Put the nut on the new bolt . Spin it past were it needs cutting . Cut the new bolt to size . Spin the nut of it will clear the end of the cut and help fit to your action. Good luck.

Edited by johnphilip

Decent idea from johnphilip for measuring the bit that needs to come off. I would personally start the bolt and turn it five times, rather than until it stops. If you screw in too much, it might be fouling the internals of the action. Then back the stock off and measure as john suggests.

Very true Gordon . Like you say the bolt could pass through the action ,  hope he gets sorted . I always hate taking the butt of and fearing have i got the right tool to get the bolt out . Here is a tip for getting the washer and lock washer. I was messing about with my semi auto the other week . Could i heck get the washers back on the thread . 

So got a long old artists paint brush the same size as the bolt. Made sure the brush was long enough . Slid the washers on all the way up the brush . Held them there touched the end of the brush onto the bolt . Let the washers slide down , straight onto the bolt . Wow it worked .  

8 hours ago, davewh100 said:

I've just swapped a 687  sporter lefty stock for a 686 the stock bolt went straight back on the new stock 

It will have been the another sporter stock, think the OP wants to swap a field stock to a sporter, or the length of the stock bolt changed at some point in time.

2 hours ago, figgy said:

It will have been the another sporter stock, think the OP wants to swap a field stock to a sporter, or the length of the stock bolt changed at some point in time.

just need to find new gel stock pad now to fit the one of the 687 sports 111 is slightly longer need a 12.8 cm