20 Bore Cufflinks

Old Boggy

I thought that I just had to bring this topics to the fore front.

Sometime ago, Bobby199 on here posted in the wanted section for some used 20 bore cartridges where he proposed to use them to make bespoke cufflinks. This post is currently way back on page 5 of the wanted section. It created a response of a good idea but doubt whether there would be sufficient interest to make it viable. I totally disagree. I think that it is a great idea and there would be a sufficient market for it to be a good sideline. James (Bobby199) acknowledges that it's not going to make him a fortune, but may assist to offset his student loan.

I have to hand a set he made for me and can confirm that they look good, are well made, well finished and presented and as they are from cartridges used in my own gun, are totally unique and special.

There must be others on here of a similar age to myself where there are times we have (or are told) to smarten up for an occasion, and these cufflinks give the perfect opportunity to do that but also retain that link (pun intended) with what we do and love.

Please have a look back at the above mentioned post as it now has a better photo indicating the different finishes available.

They would make an ideal Xmas gift for the man, young or old, who has almost everything. Why not drop a hint to the other half !

I wish James(Bobby199) all the best in this venture and would like to think that others do likewise.

OB