Shooting shirts

Lloyd90

Any recommendations for shirts for shooting and gundog trials? 

I had ordered a jack pyke which arrived today. Very disappointed as it’s very thin and the stitching on the pocket, and several buttons is already loose straight out of the packaging. 

I’ll be sending that back! 

Normally buy work shirts and t-shirt from NEXT as I find them to be a good price and quality balance.

I popped to John Lewis as need one for Saturday. Picked up a Barbour for now. Much better than the JP one. 

Will look at picking up a few others. 

Bit of a pain tho are the Barbour is supposed to be the same size as the JP yet totally different - fits much better thankfully. 

34 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I popped to John Lewis as need one for Saturday. Picked up a Barbour for now. Much better than the JP one. 

Bit of a pain tho are the Barbour is supposed to be the same size as the JP yet totally different - fits much better thankfully

Generous around the drum is it? :innocent:

I am  follower of PPPs suggestion; I like Musto shirts but  cant bring myself to pay the full RRP of around £60-00 plus.

John Norris of Penrith regularly knock them out at around half price in their sales, so I usually wait for their clearance brochure and buy two or three when needed.

On 18 October 2018 at 19:57, rimmie said:

Try you’re local mole valley store if you have one, the run a 3 shirts for £10 offer every so often. I got two lots last year, great quality.

I think that we both visit the same store (Broad Oak Road) and they do indeed have good deals from time to time. Always found them reasonable without the deals.

OB

On 18/10/2018 at 18:36, Lloyd90 said:

Bit of a pain tho are the Barbour is supposed to be the same size as the JP yet totally different - fits much better thankfully. 

I find that the Barbour shirts are very short in the arm.

On 20/10/2018 at 19:15, JJsDad said:

I am  follower of PPPs suggestion; I like Musto shirts but  cant bring myself to pay the full RRP of around £60-00 plus.

John Norris of Penrith regularly knock them out at around half price in their sales, so I usually wait for their clearance brochure and buy two or three when needed.

Yep, sale (£70 down to £30) now on but must be coming to an end as the sizes available are limited. I got lucky and got a couple my size which 'er indoors didn't turn her nose up at.

I only buy cheap shooting shirts as I don’t wear them out of the shooting season. And unless it’s bitterly cold, I will take my coat off and shoot and climb through hedges in just my shirt, to easy to tear or pull threads. Jack Murphy stuff is good so is Sherwood Forest a British company.