VW claim

Doc Holliday

Is anyone pursuing a claim against VW for the emmissions do-dah? A client asked me if I was claiming and I told them I wasn't, due to not really having looked in to it. He told me I most likely did qualify and he checked for me as we spoke. Turns out he was right. Further investigation turned up the usual plethora of law firms offering their services if you signed up with them. The only thing was they offered different sums. One was suggesting a figure of  £2500 whilst another was saying £8500. 

The latter is not chicken feed and could probably go towards my PPL. 

I can’t see anything to claim for ???

i know some people that are high up in Vw uk and they said so many are trying to claim but are listing engines that weren’t affected.

it was mostly America.

all they really did wrong was tell people the emissions were cleaner than they were. 

The engines were remapped accordingly and still run. Mpg is slightly different but only real world figures.

can anyone inform me of what the claim is ?

ill add just because a solicitor has taken it on they’ll soon drop it if they think it’s a no chance.

we had a £400k claim going through and it fell flat . We had spent hours and days going through it. 

10 hours ago, team tractor said:

I can’t see anything to claim for ???

i know some people that are high up in Vw uk and they said so many are trying to claim but are listing engines that weren’t affected.

it was mostly America.

all they really did wrong was tell people the emissions were cleaner than they were. 

The engines were remapped accordingly and still run. Mpg is slightly different but only real world figures.

can anyone inform me of what the claim is ?

ill add just because a solicitor has taken it on they’ll soon drop it if they think it’s a no chance.

we had a £400k claim going through and it fell flat . We had spent hours and days going through it. 

Hi mate - I have a claim in on it and was with one of the first Solicitors. 

Lots of the small ones have merged now and Slater Gordon have taken on the main role. 

The claim is around being mid-sold. They do a questionnaire. I was asked if I had known about it would I have bought the car. 

I can honestly say I wouldn’t have - if I had known there was a big scandal and the car had been set to avoid certain standards. 

Whether they can re-map it or not and fix it isn’t the point. I saw lots of people stating online they felt their car lost performance etc after the changes. 

Basically they have sold their cars under false pretences (although I admit most do with their mpg claims). 

Also if you were affected by the incident you should know, as VW would have written to you to state that you are effected and offer to do the work to fix it. I received one of these letters. 

At the end end of the day, people are motivated by the money they might get. But then again, if big companies can pull stunts that purposely mislead people and get away with it then that’s an injustice, and these companies are so big the only way to really ‘scold’ them for poor practice etc is financially. 

There is an emissions software issue with my Octavia estate which the manufacturers have written to me about. I have chosen to ignore it for the previously stated reason that the performance level allegedly is much reduced after the update and also my particular engine would need some other "Hard ware" changes.  I have also read of many cars that suddenly switch into  "limp mode" when driving for no apparent reason, which when on motorways brings a rapid change of underwear. Also that EGR valves suddenly start to fail very soon after the updates and they are not cheap. It  seems to me that as I can get up to 77 mpg and have had utterly 100% reliability (That`s tempting fate) I shall carry on as I am. Yes I did know that there was a problem with VW cheating the system, did I know my particular car was involved at the time, no I didn`t. Would I have bought the car with that knowledge, probably as it ticked all the boxes for me. I will not be pursuing VW for compensation. Only yesterday I heared that Opel are now involved.

44 minutes ago, dabbers said:

would like to comment but the claim is ongoing,,

but its not about money so get that idea out of your head,,its about right and wrong,

So if the courts offered to lock up the guy who’s to blame but you had to give up any claim , would you ? 

If vw have sorted it what’s the problem ??? It’s cost them millions already and a reputation. 

In my line of work we know things go wrong. I bought American oak in but it was no good inside the plank. It was prime oak.

the company swapped it at their cost but that’s done and dusted . 

Right or wrong the courts will decide and the ceo should be fined and prosecuted.

to add ive never owned anything else in 20 years. 10 brand new vws and they have all had bits break but they were fixed . Vw even drove over, collected and dropped a temporary van over. Hand brakes recalled, steering, turbo pipes, gearbox clonking, egr, n75 valves, locks on the last 2 vans but they were all fixed . 

I’d never own anything else commercially. 

Do you work for VW Audi  TT?  Ha!

This was fraud plain and simple.  They sold something they knew wasn't what they said it was and I bought it.   Someone needs to pay.....or buy my car back and resell it for what it really is.  I don't want and haven't had the "fix" done because I didn't buy that.

There's no 2 ways about it this was crimanl activity and if other manufacturers are doing the same they should be bought to court too.

2 hours ago, Marccus said:

Do you work for VW Audi  TT?  Ha!

This was fraud plain and simple.  They sold something they knew wasn't what they said it was and I bought it.   Someone needs to pay.....or buy my car back and resell it for what it really is.  I don't want and haven't had the "fix" done because I didn't buy that.

There's no 2 ways about it this was crimanl activity and if other manufacturers are doing the same they should be bought to court too.

Loads of others are doing the same.

i could understand if your vehicle was devalued but it’s not tho. Vw fetch the best money possible for a used car.

Audi, seat, Skoda, Vw , also own lambo , Scania, Bugatti etc. They own about 10 different big names. 

I just don’t get where half the value of the car comes into it ???

imaginary figures . 

4BD519E3-CB81-443D-8FFB-0F4C951E0AE8.jpeg

Edited by team tractor

51 minutes ago, Marccus said:

I agree,  but it is the principle of the thing.  They broke the law and I bought a car that was not as described.

I would be quite happy to have them buy it from me at a compensated price. 

The principal ? 

A simple sorry should sort that ;)  

my mates nivara has just snapped and he had £1000 under book value. He accepted it and spent it on something else. He’s lost out big time.

vw have tried to correct it and said sorry. The car is worth the same as before in second hand value. If it cost you hundreds to fix I’d totally understand :) .

My t5.1 and T6 is meant to be 20k service interval . I get 11,000 and I except it’s my driving style( town) they also say I should get 40mpg lol 😂 I can if it’s empty and under 60mph.

ill put a claim in lol

if someone breaks the law it’s up to the court to sort and they really have.

Edited by team tractor

On 20/10/2018 at 18:18, team tractor said:

The principal ? 

A simple sorry should sort that   

my mates nivara has just snapped and he had £1000 under book value. He accepted it and spent it on something else. He’s lost out big time.

vw have tried to correct it and said sorry. The car is worth the same as before in second hand value. If it cost you hundreds to fix I’d totally understand  .

My t5.1 and T6 is meant to be 20k service interval . I get 11,000 and I except it’s my driving style( town) they also say I should get 40mpg lol 😂 I can if it’s empty and under 60mph.

ill put a claim in lol

if someone breaks the law it’s up to the court to sort and they really have.

So what if the court decides they should pay everyone who bought a vehicle that was effected... 

11 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

So what if the court decides they should pay everyone who bought a vehicle that was effected... 

As said already , compensation is that. If it’s cost you and you’ve lost earnings you should be compensated. The claim culture is destroying the world with people trying to earn quick money. 

Half the value is just stupid. My van has broken and it was fixed , I had a courtesy van and it cost me nothing .

ill claim shall I ??? For what ? They told me it’s a new van and the most reliable motor in it’s class.  They lied :/ . 

Phones calls, time off work etc should be claimed for . Half is just greed because they can

18 hours ago, team tractor said:

As said already , compensation is that. If it’s cost you and you’ve lost earnings you should be compensated. The claim culture is destroying the world with people trying to earn quick money. 

Half the value is just stupid. My van has broken and it was fixed , I had a courtesy van and it cost me nothing .

ill claim shall I ??? For what ? They told me it’s a new van and the most reliable motor in it’s class.  They lied :/ . 

Phones calls, time off work etc should be claimed for . Half is just greed because they can

Your analogy is pointless, its not even a close comparable to the VW emissions scenario. 

In this instance VW knowingly deceived industry regulators and car buyer's into believing their product was a number of things it was not. It is unfair on buyer to not received good as described. VW buyers shouldn't of have to suffer the hassle of taking their cars to dealership for an 'unknow' update to make their vehicle compliant with the relevant legislation. Not too talk about the numerous of well report issues affecting the cars after the updates have been installed.

In your scenario, I assume, you had a car, a legitimate part failed lets say it was the chassis that snapped, the garage replace it. No claim. Now if when you bought the vehicle you was sold on the pretence the chassis was made of steel, later the find that its snapped and was actually made of aluminium then you would have a claim against the said company.

You are correct illegitimate claims are harmful to companies and the economy, however companies cannot hide behind proviso, nor your argument well they have remedied it so that's fine. Otherwise whats the point in anyone manufacturing a legitimate product if all you have to do when you get caught miss selling a product is do what you was suppose to have done originally. You send me £500 for a Leupold scope, fair price, I send you a fake scope. A year later you realise its fake and all I have to do is hold my hands up and send you a real one, of which Iv already got the money to do because you paid market value in the first place.

1 hour ago, zipdog said:

Your analogy is pointless, its not even a close comparable to the VW emissions scenario. 

In this instance VW knowingly deceived industry regulators and car buyer's into believing their product was a number of things it was not. It is unfair on buyer to not received good as described. VW buyers shouldn't of have to suffer the hassle of taking their cars to dealership for an 'unknow' update to make their vehicle compliant with the relevant legislation. Not too talk about the numerous of well report issues affecting the cars after the updates have been installed.

In your scenario, I assume, you had a car, a legitimate part failed lets say it was the chassis that snapped, the garage replace it. No claim. Now if when you bought the vehicle you was sold on the pretence the chassis was made of steel, later the find that its snapped and was actually made of aluminium then you would have a claim against the said company.

You are correct illegitimate claims are harmful to companies and the economy, however companies cannot hide behind proviso, nor your argument well they have remedied it so that's fine. Otherwise whats the point in anyone manufacturing a legitimate product if all you have to do when you get caught miss selling a product is do what you was suppose to have done originally. You send me £500 for a Leupold scope, fair price, I send you a fake scope. A year later you realise its fake and all I have to do is hold my hands up and send you a real one, of which Iv already got the money to do because you paid market value in the first place.

Not to mention the excise duty and road fund license that should have been paid for the higher emission band that the car really fell into 

sadly it a major fraud to make money absolute disgrace 

5 hours ago, zipdog said:

Sorry but anyone that claims is just milking it.

sell the car ??? It’s that simple and the car is worth no less than any other year.

I've two mates who are caught up in this VW fraud (that is what it is no matter how you paint it) and whilst some may feel the compensation suggested is wrong VW/Seat have not responded very well. Both dealers were very slow to react and in both cases, following the 'fix' their cars are slower and less responsive. The total 'bill' if it is anywhere near the levels claimed is punitive and in part this is a punishment to make other manufacturers think twice before they try a similar stunt. I'm all for this succeeding.

6 minutes ago, norfolk dumpling said:

I've two mates who are caught up in this VW fraud (that is what it is no matter how you paint it) and whilst some may feel the compensation suggested is wrong VW/Seat have not responded very well. Both dealers were very slow to react and in both cases, following the 'fix' their cars are slower and less responsive. The total 'bill' if it is anywhere near the levels claimed is punitive and in part this is a punishment to make other manufacturers think twice before they try a similar stunt. I'm all for this succeeding.

nail on head,