Anjem Choudary released... ***

Whatmuff

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2018 at 13:41, Yellow Bear said:

Who are only too keen to push the "rights" of some minorities (which suit them) and pillory others (us for instance)

This seems to be how it has become, the rights of the minority being greater than the majority?

We seem to sponsor it all here, education, welfare benefits, a safer way of life? Yet seemingly that's not enough and we don't have the common sense to nullify the damage?

Wishing we could get party who had the resolve to make it crystal clear we are no longer going to nicely ceed our way of doing things to snowflake politics. 

Time to take a few pages out of TRUMPS book of rules - but leave the silly bits behind. The ideal party slogan would be OUR RULES MATTER!

4 hours ago, Vince Green said:

In order to be released after only serving half his sentence I was under the impression he had to demonstrate to the Parole Board that he has undergone some degree of rehabilitation. I really can't believe that he has, or that  the Parole Board would be taken in by him.

i think its a mandatory reward for good behavior, could be wrong but I don't think that applies to UK penal sentences.

Edited by Dave-G

8 hours ago, Vince Green said:

In order to be released after only serving half his sentence I was under the impression he had to demonstrate to the Parole Board that he has undergone some degree of rehabilitation. I really can't believe that he has, or that  the Parole Board would be taken in by him.

All prisoners are automatically released after serving half their sentence unless there's a tariff or they're serving life, once released they can have conditions placed on them that if they don't stick to untill their full sentence is up they can be recalled straight to prison.

16 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

All prisoners are automatically released after serving half their sentence unless there's a tariff or they're serving life, once released they can have conditions placed on them that if they don't stick to untill their full sentence is up they can be recalled straight to prison.

And what a rediculous system that it. "You will be sentenced to 10 years, with a free TV, playstation, 3 meals a day, 20 fags and a nice bed" oh you've behaved, well done you can go home after 5 years. What a stupid system. And one that lets in mates do as they please and gives them rights. 

2 hours ago, Whatmuff said:

And what a rediculous system that it. "You will be sentenced to 10 years, with a free TV, playstation, 3 meals a day, 20 fags and a nice bed" oh you've behaved, well done you can go home after 5 years. What a stupid system. And one that lets in mates do as they please and gives them rights. 

Couldn't agree more, it is all down to cost of course, let them out half way through and you've got double the spaces, of course they just commit more crime and cause more misery to innocent people and go back to prison. 

Hi chaps,

Half a determinate sentence is served inside, the other half is served on licence (outside).

Any breach of the licence conditions result in a “do not pass Go, do not collect £200” sitch.

The official line is that this helps with reintegration. Of course, it’s actually mostly to do with cost.

I have to agree that, in my view, Chowdhury has 0% chance of rehabilitating or reintegrating.

LS