Hi from Derbyshire!

gsalmons

Hi all

Looking forward to getting into clay shooting - have had a few 'experience' days & applied for my licence approx. 5 weeks ago but am waiting to hear about my interview.....!

In the meantime I'm stashing some cash to one side so I can get away with a better budget than the wife has approved of!!!!

I've been to a few RFD's locally - all pointed me to the usual 525 / Silver pigeon etc. However, I've shouldered both a 682 E gold & a 725 black which I've taken a fancy too 

Will update when I hear from Derbys Constabulary.....

Cheers

Get yourself to cold springs if your localish in summer they do a 30 birds practise for £10 a round very friendly club shoot every last and first Sunday of the month & practise will move to the Saturday in the winter months hope to see you there and welcome to the forum

Edited by Stephen-H

Hi and welcome. 

23 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Jim Neville's is a first class shop, with a good stock and decent prices. Different league to The Countryman.

+1

I travel down to Neville's from the High Peak. There are places closer to me but not a patch on this shop. As Gordon said, good stock at decent prices. Mick Frearson, the gunsmith upstairs, is top notch. You won't go far wrong dealing with these fellas.

• 4 weeks later...

Had my local officer call me this morning - got my interview next Friday!! So that's 8ish weeks since submitting etc.

He could have done it this week but I'm away working......

Just need him to give me the OK on where to install my cabinet as I've an ideal place (although wife not happy) or a lesser favoured place (wife will be happy).

Will keep posted!