Shooting Partner required

Hi All

I am looking to find a shooting partner who has or knows of where woodies can be shot/culled. I am finding it extremely difficult to find in my local area (Redhill/Reigate). I am up to travel also to a radius of 70 miles.

I am a member of BASC and CPSA, so have public liability insurance (never needed I hope), I am an experienced shooter and  a safe gun handling  person

PLEASE reply ASAP

davebbkk

Get out and do some beating, great way to meet like minded people and get a few invites. I beat on four shoots I've had several outings decoying crows/pigeons, an invite to flight ducks, roost shooting and an open offer to shoot rats in out buildings whenever I want. So there are opportunities available if you play the game.

Welcome to the real world. Yes, it is difficult to get permission to shoot pigeons because there are lots (and lots) of people out there all looking to get some free shooting. Most of those who have access to free shooting will guard it jealously as they have done the legwork or cultivated relationships in order to secure their permission. There are people (pigeon guides) around who charge 3 figure sums to take you out, with no guarantee you will have a red letter day. So dont assume that by joining this forum that you are going to be inundated with pleas for you to come and cull pigeons in a particular area. I am not trying to dash your hopes, I am just trying to be offer realistic advice. As others have suggested, you need to get the legwork done and find out who owns ground in your area who cultivates crops that need protection and go door knocking, or offering to beat on a local shoot where you can make contacts.

Either that or join a club. Kent Wildfowlers is within driving distance of you and without banging their drum can offer a lot of bangs for your buck.

Signing up on this forum is a starting point, and you just may strike lucky and get an invite but to secure a long term permission you really need to put the effort in yourself. I personally would be very wary of taking a guest on my areas unless I knew him very well. There is many a sorry tale about taking people you dont know onto a permission that may have taken some considerable time to secure, only to lose it because the `guest` turned out to be a wrong un !

Edited by JJsDad
Spellin

12 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

Welcome to the real world. Yes, it is difficult to get permission to shoot pigeons because there are lots (and lots) of people out there all looking to get some free shooting. Most of those who have access to free shooting will guard it jealously as they have done the legwork or cultivated relationships in order to secure their permission. There are people (pigeon guides) around who charge 3 figure sums to take you out, with no guarantee you will have a red letter day. So dont assume that by joining this forum that you are going to be inundated with pleas for you to come and cull pigeons in a particular area. I am not trying to dash your hopes, I am just trying to be offer realistic advice. As others have suggested, you need to get the legwork done and find out who owns ground in your area who cultivates crops that need protection and go door knocking, or offering to beat on a local shoot where you can make contacts.

Either that or join a club. Kent Wildfowlers is within driving distance of you and without banging their drum can offer a lot of bangs for your buck.

Signing up on this forum is a starting point, and you just may strike lucky and get an invite but to secure a long term permission you really need to put the effort in yourself. I personally would be very wary of taking a guest on my areas unless I knew him very well. There is many a sorry tale about taking people you dont know onto a permission that may have taken some considerable time to secure, only to lose it because the `guest` turned out to be a wrong un !

OR, extremely wealthy. Money talks  !

21 minutes ago, Westley said:

OR, extremely wealthy. Money talks  !

There speaks the voice of experience. Never happened to me, but regretably I would have to agree. There have been a few sad tales on this forum by people who took virtual strangers out and subsequently lost their bit of shooting due to various actions by their guest.