My first time out in a month.

Big Al

A mixture of work and family commitments have meant I haven't been able to get out for a month. I've tried a bit of different stuff in this one, including music at the end. If you're not into music, stop it when the music starts as there is no more shooting afterwards. 

No semi auto though. Two pipes compulsory as pheasants start next week. 

I was just delighted to be out again.

Edited by Big Al

Branching out there Big Al with some thought going into making a more complete story of the mornings flight....No Martin Scorcese yet but I actually did like the guitar music towards the end ,it was gentle enough to fit the activities.(I used to love the Spanish guitar music at the begining of 'Out of Town' if you are old enough to remember that?)

Accurate shooting as we've come to expect. I hope it carries over to the pheasants Thanks for the entertainment .

When you spend a lot of the year  listening to how so many are trying to restrict fowlers or even stop them all together, then you watch a flight with Big Al ...you kind of think that if everyone was like him there wouldnt be a problem.

How could you not begin to understand what fowling is all about, a quiet understated enjoyment and appreciation of where he is and what he is doing.Total respect for the quarry brilliant dog and every video a pleasure to watch.

Everytime i log on to PW first thing i do is to check if there are any new videos from him.

No whooping and hollering (except the bonus goose which was perfectly fitting in the circumstance) no sky busting ,time to make a full length offering Al ?

Hope this doesnt make you blush but it had to be said.

7 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Bravo Sir - superb video of near professional quality and you have a tone of voice that is very easy on the ear - if I were in your shoes I would think about maybe making a DVD over the season.

Now you're putting ideas in my head!

7 hours ago, pbutd said:

Branching out there Big Al with some thought going into making a more complete story of the mornings flight....No Martin Scorcese yet but I actually did like the guitar music towards the end ,it was gentle enough to fit the activities.(I used to love the Spanish guitar music at the begining of 'Out of Town' if you are old enough to remember that?)

Accurate shooting as we've come to expect. I hope it carries over to the pheasants Thanks for the entertainment .

Scorcese can rest easy.

Yes - I'm just experimenting to try avoid same old,same old. Thanks for the kind words. 

7 hours ago, mel b3 said:

that was brilliant al , its a beautiful place to spend a bit of time . thank you for taking the time and trouble to share with us mate .

I appreciate your comments - very kind.

Edited by Big Al

4 hours ago, holloway said:

When you spend a lot of the year  listening to how so many are trying to restrict fowlers or even stop them all together, then you watch a flight with Big Al ...you kind of think that if everyone was like him there wouldnt be a problem.

How could you not begin to understand what fowling is all about, a quiet understated enjoyment and appreciation of where he is and what he is doing.Total respect for the quarry brilliant dog and every video a pleasure to watch.

Everytime i log on to PW first thing i do is to check if there are any new videos from him.

No whooping and hollering (except the bonus goose which was perfectly fitting in the circumstance) no sky busting ,time to make a full length offering Al ?

Hope this doesnt make you blush but it had to be said.

Wow. Praise indeed . Very kind.

I have to admit that the reaction from PW (and especially this clip) is making me stop and think. I'm 51 and will be thinking of lifting the foot of the gas in a few years ........

I'll get another camera (I've only got one) and experiment further. You're really making me think!

I really am very very grateful for all your kind words gentlemen (and women. ) 

Edited by Big Al

1 hour ago, Ttfjlc said:

Another excellent video Big Al and ted was on top form again, look forward to the pheasant videos but please keep the wildfowling ones coming. :good:

Many thanks. 

Wildfowling always has been is my first preference.  However I hugely enjoy the craic on pheasant days. You need skin like a rhino around ours!

The trips after wildfowl will continuing!

32 minutes ago, welshgun said:

Fair play big Al ted looked in form once again and a nice bag shot..ps the music was a bit like river cottage lol well done once again and rightly so the Lough looks a lovely place to be even when things slow down atb welshgun..

Cheers welshgun. Part of the enjoyment is being alone. That probably makes me odd, but so what?

6 hours ago, mrpip said:

Thank you Al for another excellent video, they are a joy to watch, I personally think the extra on the end added to it. As we all know it's not just about the shooting, 

Thank you.  And I agree, it it was only about pulling the trigger I'd shoot a lot of clays than I do!

1 hour ago, Cranfield said:

Another enjoyable watch, with some good shooting and I also enjoyed the walk back to the car.
Ted starring as usual, but you did your bit as well.:)

I look forward to the pheasants.

I don’t mind being outdone by Ted. Thanks for comment Cranfield. 

I just cannot think of any more compliments that haven't already been given. That was a cracking video from start to finish in beautiful surroundings. Many thanks for the time taken to compose, edit and post etc. 

We all look forward to your posts and cannot wait for the next one.

OB

4 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

I just cannot think of any more compliments that haven't already been given. That was a cracking video from start to finish in beautiful surroundings. Many thanks for the time taken to compose, edit and post etc. 

We all look forward to your posts and cannot wait for the next one.

OB

Thank you Sir. 

Thanks - I use gamebore mammoth 3" steel factory loads.  Choke in the semi auto is half (Benelli  factory). The Browning O/U game gun I just keep as quarter and half ( factory invector ). Most of the shots in this clip were out of quarter but for the gadwall (longer) I fired the half first. Also probably why the second shot didn't produce an instant kill (although the bird was dead when I picked it up)

I appreciate the kind words Lloyd90.

Edit to say I prefer RC Camouflage Hyperfast 3" steel but I can't get it locally. The Gamebore Mammoth are a very good second choice.

Edited by Big Al
Adding a bit on

Hello BIG AL love the videos as usual look forward to watching them with a small glass of brandy 😉 on a side note i was wondering would you have any info on a wildfowling club on the big lough think there called derryclone wildfowlers thanks Gerry up the road belfast👍

7 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Hello BIG AL love the videos as usual look forward to watching them with a small glass of brandy 😉 on a side note i was wondering would you have any info on a wildfowling club on the big lough think there called derryclone wildfowlers thanks Gerry up the road belfast👍

Just replied to your pm.