Wonderful couple of hours

GingerCat

Earlier I met Jdog in the wolds . We had a steady wind, clear sky's and no where to be. 

He took me to a remarkable shoot where we watched some birds flighting about between spinnys and occasionally dropping into the stubble. 

We decided to set up on the edge of a spinny with a a rotary and some decoys and shoot them as they came to rest if theyvdidnt decoy. 

A few decoyed but most came into the trees in groups of 10+, dropping from 80 or so yard up to between 35 and 40 and going into the trees behind us at speed. 

Quite why they went there we couldn't figure out but to say they were sporting was an understatement. They came from all sides at speed and tested us greatly. 

A few remarkable shots were pulled off but I think it's fair to say we shot like novices. 

We picked 30 and there were half that again in brambles behind us we couldn't find.there was no dog today and the going was tough looking for them but look we did. 

What u will say is what a glorious 2 hours we had on some of the finest countyside with good company. Better than any day at work. 

Edited by GingerCat

10 hours ago, Clodhopper said:

Sounds like great sport. It is horrible when you’re out without a dog, Sod’s law dictates the birds will fall in the thickest undergrowth around.

He was out with a Dog , although I don't think that dog is to keen scrabbing about in the undergrowth and the brambles 

A class bit of sport with class company , very envious and hope Mr JDog is keeping well .

55 minutes ago, marsh man said:

He was out with a Dog , although I don't think that dog is to keen scrabbing about in the undergrowth and the brambles 

A class bit of sport with class company , very envious and hope Mr JDog is keeping well .

I'm pleased to report he is fine and well. Contrary to belief he was like a blood hound amongst the brambles.....

4 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

I'm pleased to report he is fine and well. Contrary to belief he was like a blood hound amongst the brambles.....

I'm sure that like others, I miss JDog's posts with his self deprecating writing style and wit, but happy in the knowledge that he is well and still getting out after the pigeons.

All the very best JDog,

OB

On 21/10/2018 at 21:21, Old Boggy said:

I'm sure that like others, I miss JDog's posts with his self deprecating writing style and wit, but happy in the knowledge that he is well and still getting out after the pigeons.

All the very best JDog,

OB

I was only just sitting here saying I winder what happened to Jdog?

I used to really enjoy reading his threads and responses. pleased to know he is doing well..