Hunting stories

sharp_shooter

hi,

got my fac now and put the air rifle on it.Went out last saturday with the webley raider running at 30ftIbs.Arrived at my shoot at about 6:30am,not a large shoot about 200 acres altogether but spaced out,usually do lamping trips over there but thought i'd give it a morning hunt as had seen alot of crows in the woods boardering the fields i lamp.My partner went down to the bottom of the L-shaped woods where he'd seen some large bunnie warrens.I decided to sit in my hide near a large oak tree which the crows and occasional woodie stoped off at.Sat for about 10mintues wen a rabbit appeared about 40yards which unfortunatley i missed due to an uncomfortable position i was sitting in, couldnt keep the cross hairs straight.As i reloaded a group of 4 crows landed in the main large oak tree,on the top branch a large crow sat which was shortley followed by the crow folding it's wings,dead before it hit the ground at 45yards.I sat for a while in frustration as tons of woodies landed just out of reach.I turned around just to scan the small wood and saw that a woodie had landed about 55-60yards which dropped instantley with a head shot,I was becoming more and more impressed with the rifle.Two more rabbits followed at 38 and 49 yards on the way back to the car.My partner trurned up about an hour later with 4 rabbits s in total not a bad morning out. 6 rabbits, a woodie and a crow,

yis andy :P