SPORT TRAP

I don't believe there is a particular given sequence for sportrap, unlike compak that has a range of set sequences.  Sportrap simply has to have a single, a report pair and a simo pair on each stand.

The most common sequence is as given by McSpredder so every shooter fires at every target from every station, but some grounds do it differently.  Always need to pay attention to the menu board to avoid mishaps.

It's a lot of fun and quite quick to shoot.

10 hours ago, Scully said:

It may be Compak at Westfields then, from the above post, as there is a set sequence pinned to the butts. Looks very interesting. 

They are much of a muchness really.  Have a bash, you will enjoy it.

More and more grounds are putting on a layout as it doesn't need a lot of space and easy to fill traps so it's relatively low maintenance.

In sportrap your first bird of your simo pair is usually one of the pair in the stand to your left, gives you a little heads up even though you have already shot it when you were on that stand. 

I like sportrap if pushed for time as you can shoot four layouts in little time if it’s not busy.

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, figgy said:

In sportrap your first bird of your simo pair is usually one of the pair in the stand to your left, gives you a little heads up even though you have already shot it when you were on that stand. 

I like sportrap if pushed for time as you can shoot four layouts in little time if it’s not busy.

The coldest sportrap I have ever shot was in your neck of the woods Figgy, I popped down to Oaklodge last year for one of their winter 125 bird shoots and was chilled to the bone.  It was a good shoot all the same, although i shot like a (frozen) tumshie.