New Flop Gear presenters

chrisjpainter

5 hours ago, Scully said:

Sounds dire. I can honestly say I watched part of one episode when Evans started hosting, and not even part of one since. Great shame, it was compulsive Sunday night viewing at one time. 

It was one of the very few things on TV that I watched and it was the chemistry between them that made it watchable but I agree with walshie that it had passed it's sell by date several years before Clarkson got fired.

Who is Paddy McGuiness? Is he another D list celeb who's famous simply for being famous?

1 hour ago, Westward said:

It was one of the very few things on TV that I watched and it was the chemistry between them that made it watchable but I agree with walshie that it had passed it's sell by date several years before Clarkson got fired.

Who is Paddy McGuiness? Is he another D list celeb who's famous simply for being famous?

I think you've promoted him a level or two but yeah. He presents Take Me Out, but I don't know what that is and feel no compunction to look into it.

I think that Clarkson and May had said there was possibly 1 series left in them before bowing out. 

What I liked was that although they made it look light they did things that the snowflakes would never do. Can you imagine the fall out if a countryfile presenter had been pushed into hole cut into the ice into water when arttic training to watch a cuddly seal do something cute from a safe distance.   All 3 ended up in hospital for some reason. Not for minor injuries  either. 

Don't get me going on countryfile.. or should I say petfile..   

54 minutes ago, ditchman said:

was angela ripon one of the first top gear presenters ?

Can'nt be positive but was it her that test drove the first model T Ford  :lol:

She read the news and became famous on a Morcambe and Wise show sketch then joined the other relics on antique road show Then onto a consumer programme along with two other millioneress's to advise joe public on their financial rights

All at our license fee expenses

Had it been an old bitch one would have had them put down humanely:yahoo:

As to the topic in question Jeremy and co had the right chemistry and a watchable programme and as of the  rest since" ****"

Like them or loath them They turned out a viewerable programme I liked them

Hey Paul 1440 That's a totaly diferent thread that tw*** file you mention which will fill the forum full of bleeps in true BBC  format:lol:

10 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I think you've promoted him a level or two but yeah. He presents Take Me Out, but I don't know what that is and feel no compunction to look into it.

Paddy McGuiness apart from the take me out thing (I also have never watched it) was one half of Max & Paddy with Peter Kay, also played him in Phoenix Nights, (The two bouncers on the door)

:shaun:

19 hours ago, Scully said:

Sounds dire. I can honestly say I watched part of one episode when Evans started hosting, and not even part of one since. Great shame, it was compulsive Sunday night viewing at one time. 

Quite often stick it on on Dave, old but gold.

11 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Just watch the first few minutes while the girls walk out.

Best thing paddy ever said was they couldn't do a program with blokes behind the lights because they wouldn't turn them off.

Pretty sure flintoff was really good behind the wheel on league of there own.

Paddy McGuinness - former baths attendant at Horwich Pool, Bolton - mate of Peter Kay. The least talented actor in Phoenix nights and has made several awful TV series since.

Freddie Flintoff - decent cricketer - not very bright and the worst boxer on the planet.

It will be the end for Top Gear.