Tractor id

old'un

Not far from home is a farm I shoot, there is a 30 acre wood bang in the middle of said farm, this tractor as been in the wood for a good few years, think it was used for pulling timber out of the wood, asked a couple of lads who work at the farm but no one seems to know where it came from or what make it is.

Just curious what tractor it is and its age, thanks.

trac1.jpg

trac2.jpg

trac3.jpg

trac4.jpg

7 minutes ago, ditchman said:

could be worth a few bob as spares.......winch defo worth some good money..............

The people who own this farm are happy for it to stop where it is, they are not short of a bob or two.

15 minutes ago, The gouse said:

Yep Nuffield but what mobile is it. 

Samsung S4

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

could be worth a few bob as spares.......winch defo worth some good money..............

Farmers are a funny lot (sorry Steve and any other farmers on here) another farm I shoot on, its about 15 minutes from home, there is a big bomb/pit hole in one of the fields, its full of stuff, parts off tractors, two single ploughs, one double plough, an old baler , three or four chain/tine harrows and god knows what else, I asked the farmer why he had put all the stuff in the hole as there must be a few bobs worth of parts and scrap metal, his words were…’don’t want them lads round here, their eyes will be everywhere, it can stop where it is’….mind you with the amount of stuff that’s nicked from farms I can understand where he was coming from.

Nufield I am sure they were originally petrol paraffin TVO that is tractor vapourising oil engines, later diesels.   Those along with Fordsnon Major were the BIG tractors compared to the  little grey Fergies.   Compare them now to the half track monsters and they look like market garden tractors.

Blackpowder

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

Might be a nice little Winter project for you Mr Ditchman , now you have caught up on any outstanding jobs that have been laying in wait 😊

Just think , you could entertain us for the next month or two , or three , or four......five.....................

Could well win you the Thread Of The Year Award :good:

31 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Might be a nice little Winter project for you Mr Ditchman , now you have caught up on any outstanding jobs that have been laying in wait 😊

Just think , you could entertain us for the next month or two , or three , or four......five.....................

Could well win you the Thread Of The Year Award :good:

nope "get thee hence satan".....................

just got to do the rear crankshaft oil seal on the landy...easy job...replace a steering joint ...easy...................

then order up steel brass and bronze for Harnser's long awaited for knife.........im also going to convert a couple of opinel #7 lock knives as a side line.......................

at the moment im figuring out what is the best way to dis assemble an opinel knife...............

58 minutes ago, ditchman said:

nope "get thee hence satan".....................

just got to do the rear crankshaft oil seal on the landy...easy job...replace a steering joint ...easy...................

then order up steel brass and bronze for Harnser's long awaited for knife.........im also going to convert a couple of opinel #7 lock knives as a side line.......................

at the moment im figuring out what is the best way to dis assemble an opinel knife...............

And there was I thinking you could be sitting beside your wood burner in your warm pair of slippers  , sipping a nice cup of tea and having a couple of roll ups at the ready while waiting for your brain to kick in with the next episode of ideas , :hmm:............ Silly me......

Hopefully when all the above jobs are in progress , we are kept up to date with the journey .

54 minutes ago, marsh man said:

And there was I thinking you could be sitting beside your wood burner in your warm pair of slippers  , sipping a nice cup of tea and having a couple of roll ups at the ready while waiting for your brain to kick in with the next episode of ideas , ............ Silly me......

Hopefully when all the above jobs are in progress , we are kept up to date with the journey .

christ .......just this lot will keep you bums amused thro winter..........

Pretty sure it's a 460, the 1060 had an additional lever for the low range gearbox. Even though they are a bloody good and quick tractor they don't seem to command much money as not very popular in preservation so restoring one in this state wouldn't make much financial sense. The winch is worth considerably more than the rest of the tractor.