Troy Shadow X3 metal detector

eredel

no sorry Eric , i have detected  for many years , and there is lots better modern detectors now , have you tried ebay . I checked Staffs detectors  to see if he had one , but no. Its all down to budgets  yes . Hope you get sorted .

Edited by johnphilip

There’s an X5 on the bay at the moment John but it looks pretty tatty but I keep my eye open for a bargain on there, Staffs are running their stock down as they are just going to manufacture and sell covers I believe.

I’ve used XPs for years and a Deus for 4 but I like to try and have a more basic machine for back-up and friends to use (not such a loss if nicked from the car either), may even go back to a Laser....just depends what comes along.

Eric.

hello, that one on ebay looks like its been gathering dust for years, but they are very good detectors in good condition as i had one years ago then up graded to a minelab safari,  Eredel i would check out a golden mask 1 + uk,, switch on and go/ very good auto ground balance and excellent on iron/coke/hot rock DISC or GM 4 if you want to do own settings,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

The one on the bay has not been looked after, probably works ok but tatty.

I clean my detectors after each outing and my 4 year old Deus looks like new, anal I know but when I go to sell I’ll get top price!

Never got on with Minelabs, hated the “musical” tones but I’ve tried Golden Masks, good machines for the money but at my age I have to go for light as possible so I can get as long in the field as possible.

Troys were brilliant machines if you mastered the discrimination control, that’s why if I can pick up a tidy one I’ll be happy!

Eric.

On 23/10/2018 at 21:52, eredel said:

The one on the bay has not been looked after, probably works ok but tatty.

I clean my detectors after each outing and my 4 year old Deus looks like new, anal I know but when I go to sell I’ll get top price!

Never got on with Minelabs, hated the “musical” tones but I’ve tried Golden Masks, good machines for the money but at my age I have to go for light as possible so I can get as long in the field as possible.

Troys were brilliant machines if you mastered the discrimination control, that’s why if I can pick up a tidy one I’ll be happy!

Eric.

Yes just seen the ad , looks like he is a dealer , the amount he has forsale.  Hope you get sorted . Eric.

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

Yes just seen the ad , looks like he is a dealer , the amount he has forsale.  Hope you get sorted . Eric.

hello, i do not know about being a dealer, have a look at the Drawer finds, says he bought in a house clearance, lot of gold coins or fake ???? and krugerands ?????

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i do not know about being a dealer, have a look at the Drawer finds, says he bought in a house clearance, lot of gold coins or fake ???? and krugerands ?????

Gold or reproduction, untested.........yeah, right!!

2 hours ago, kenholland said:

garret ace 400 I is a good run of the mill not to much money either do's the job.

I must admit I do hear good reports of the 400i so maybe I should give them a look....it’s just the colour....yellow??!!

Just looked them up.......5.8lbs!!....that’s heavy!

Eric.

Edited by eredel

hope you don't mind me asking, where do find land to detect on ,assuming its not land you shoot on. when i had my detector a few years ago i struggled finding permission and gave up eventually. is anyone in any detector clubs? is that a good way of getting good land.

4 hours ago, paul1966 said:

hope you don't mind me asking, where do find land to detect on ,assuming its not land you shoot on. when i had my detector a few years ago i struggled finding permission and gave up eventually. is anyone in any detector clubs? is that a good way of getting good land.

I would think a permission you shoot on the farmer would be amenable to detecting if he knows you to be a trustworthy.......I haven’t shot live for years as I lost the killing instinct and shot clays until I recently retired and gave it up due to the expense so now I just play with my target air pistol when I feel the need to throw some lead.

I was lucky to know a farmer from my childhood so when I asked for permission it was no problem but when I went cold calling on other farmers it was a polite no in most cases.........you have to earn a farmers trust then you can get recommended to others.

If you join a club you can go on club digs or throughout the year there are rally’s held all over the country which can be fun and a social occasion also.

Eric.