Smart ear defence

AdamSouthEast

8 hours ago, wymberley said:

I'm already quite deaf - sufficient to get a healthy MoD war pension -  so have decided to bite the bullet and have returned the Leights and have ordered some MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X Premium Edition. I can't wear the 'in ear' types and am even having trouble with my hearing aids at the moment so I figured better safe than sorry and as the pension is to cater for this sort of thing I might as well spend it - at least it'll save everyone having to repeat things several times.

I have a spare set of Pro X available 

8 hours ago, wymberley said:

I'm already quite deaf - sufficient to get a healthy MoD war pension -  so have decided to bite the bullet and have returned the Leights and have ordered some MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X Premium Edition. I can't wear the 'in ear' types and am even having trouble with my hearing aids at the moment so I figured better safe than sorry and as the pension is to cater for this sort of thing I might as well spend it - at least it'll save everyone having to repeat things several times.

I don’t think you’ll regret it. I have both the Leights and the Sordins and the latter are definitely better in sound quality and much more comfortable (especially with the gel ear pads).  They can be a pig to change the batteries in though as the old ones seem to create a vacuum behind them that means they don’t drop out easily, and they don’t fold down as small.  They were certainly a considered purchase but trying to prevent my hearing from getting worse after years of abuse.

On 24/10/2018 at 20:16, Muddy Funker said:

I can't wear Howard leight for more than an hour or two without them causing real discomfort/pain.

Peltor I can wear indefinitely without issue. Probably just the shape of my bonce.

Mine are the same the hurt the bone behind my ears causing pain and headache. 

13 hours ago, SxS said:

I don’t think you’ll regret it. I have both the Leights and the Sordins and the latter are definitely better in sound quality and much more comfortable (especially with the gel ear pads).  They can be a pig to change the batteries in though as the old ones seem to create a vacuum behind them that means they don’t drop out easily, and they don’t fold down as small.  They were certainly a considered purchase but trying to prevent my hearing from getting worse after years of abuse.

I think you're right. Mine has just arrived and I have but just one criticism. Why oh why have they not supplied a battery cover tie then the cover itself is designed for one?

On 24/10/2018 at 16:04, wymberley said:

Having just discovered that my existing pair are duff, I've jumped on board and done the same. Thanks for the thread.

However, I now have two sets. I normally wear a bog standard passive pair but the non replaceable pads have cracked. I had acquired an electronic pair but have never used them and have actually never used this type at all. However I needed something so had a look and found them to be duff. At this point it transpires that either I or my step-son - or both -  from whence they came is an idiot and I'm pleading innocence. These do not take an AA battery but an AAA fits. Just the one. I now know that the Sordin takes two and how it stores them. There's some similarity between the two even though one is made in Sweden and the other in the UK - it does not have a make, just a number - so I got a torch. How was I supposed to know that step-son had left a battery in there (long dead)  which explains why I could only get one in. It works well now but is a bonker with the shotguns but fine with the rifles.

• 1 month later...