Winchester 101 “off the face”

Jason_ox

Hi guys, I have a Winchester 101  20 gauge xtr supergrade. I’ve been told it’s off the face, there’s  bit of play in the action. I can slip a bit of paper in there and still close it up. Could anyone tell me a ball park figure to get it back on the face? I’ve heard parts are quite difficult to get hold of so I’m assuming this may be an expensive job.

This may be a how long is a bit of string question, if so I apologise! 

Jason

54 minutes ago, Jason_ox said:

Hi guys, I have a Winchester 101  20 gauge xtr supergrade. I’ve been told it’s off the face, there’s  bit of play in the action. I can slip a bit of paper in there and still close it up. Could anyone tell me a ball park figure to get it back on the face? I’ve heard parts are quite difficult to get hold of so I’m assuming this may be an expensive job.

This may be a how long is a bit of string question, if so I apologise! 

Jason

Might be less than you think i remember having one done several years ago shouldnt need any new parts just a little welding and filing back if you are lucky .

20 ga 101s arent all that common. and usually sell quickly enough so probably well worth doing.

Without actually seeing it anything would be a guess . There are many factors to consider and it is not always as simple as many will suggest . It is not only the re- joint but what affect it may have on the cocking and ejection as the 101 can be a bit tricky on its cocking train with wear and alteration .

Suggest you take it to competent gunsmith and pay his price . A cheap job may lead you to have to have t done again and end up costing you a lot more .

I have made good money in putting others quick fixes right .

52 minutes ago, Gunman said:

Without actually seeing it anything would be a guess . There are many factors to consider and it is not always as simple as many will suggest . It is not only the re- joint but what affect it may have on the cocking and ejection as the 101 can be a bit tricky on its cocking train with wear and alteration .

Suggest you take it to competent gunsmith and pay his price . A cheap job may lead you to have to have t done again and end up costing you a lot more .

I have made good money in putting others quick fixes right .

Thanks Gunman, I’ll get it to a smith and see what they say! 

Parts for Winchesters used to be available at nu-line guns Inc.  1053 Caulks Hill Road  Harvester Mohawk  Missouri  63304 USA Tel: 314 447 4501.  I bought a couple of parts from them around 12 years ago.  They might still be in business? They are on the  web....

Edited by pinfireman
spelling

22 hours ago, Scully said:

An ejector on a mates Grand European went west yesterday also, so it looks like he'll need a trip to the local gunsmith too. 

Which part specifically ? I did have a contact who was manufacturing some Winchester parts , extractors , strikers and some springs . Dont know if he is still around but may be worth a shot , if you excuse the pun .

49 minutes ago, Gunman said:

Which part specifically ? I did have a contact who was manufacturing some Winchester parts , extractors , strikers and some springs . Dont know if he is still around but may be worth a shot , if you excuse the pun .

Thankyou, that’s very helpful. He’s going to send me a picture, will see if I can upload it. 

On 29/10/2018 at 08:29, Gunman said:

IMG-3110.jpgI have no idea if Ive uploaded picture or not, but if I have, this is the offending piece. It is from the right hand side as you would hold the gun to shoot. 

Edited by Scully

• 1 month later...