New to Pigeon Shooting

Hi all

i like Naeem, have just got started. and if it is not bad form,to piggy back Naeem's thread. i  would be interested in anyone showing me the ropes. i acquired my shotgun licence earlier this year and have been to the hereford and worceter shooting grounds a number of times. this is also my first season beating with my labrador on a small shoot in Evesham. i initially did this to try and get a better understanding of the shooting sports. as it turned out, me and clyde are having so much fun.  i am eager to learn and willing to do the donkey work even if i don't get to shoot.

i am based in Bromsgrove and am willing to travel unto an hour in any direction 

8 minutes ago, Mightymariner said:

Hi Marcus

Welcome.

That's a nice introduction.

I hope you get something in your neck of the woods.

I am sure something will come via your beating if you are patient.

That is an ideal way for anyone to get started both young and not so young , you will then be on the first rung of the ladder , the keeper will be pleased with your help and more so by bringing your dog , depending on how big the shoot is you could be offered a beaters day and maybe roost shooting in February , if all goes well you might be offered some vermin control on the surrounding Rape fields and that is the way how a lot of members on here started there early days pigeon shooting career , GOOD LUCK Marcus and let us know how you progress .

• 2 months later...
On 23/10/2018 at 17:09, marcus almond said:

Hi all

i like Naeem, have just got started. and if it is not bad form,to piggy back Naeem's thread. i  would be interested in anyone showing me the ropes. i acquired my shotgun licence earlier this year and have been to the hereford and worceter shooting grounds a number of times. this is also my first season beating with my labrador on a small shoot in Evesham. i initially did this to try and get a better understanding of the shooting sports. as it turned out, me and clyde are having so much fun.  i am eager to learn and willing to do the donkey work even if i don't get to shoot.

i am based in Bromsgrove and am willing to travel unto an hour in any direction 

I know its just over two months since your request and you may have found some ground to shoot over by now, just a couple of questions…do you have your own pigeon shooting gear? and can you shoot midweek?

thanks for posting old'un,

No i don't have any pigeon shootng gear, because i don't know what to buy. If someone could tell me I could start buying it.

i finish work at 3pm Monday to Thursday and 12pm on a Friday, if that is any good 

1 hour ago, marcus almond said:

thanks for posting old'un,

No i don't have any pigeon shootng gear, because i don't know what to buy. If someone could tell me I could start buying it.

i finish work at 3pm Monday to Thursday and 12pm on a Friday, if that is any good 

Have sent you a PM.