"im mainly messing about"

ditchman

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasnt sure if this would work or not.............the grindinding disc works well and dosnt burn the horn....so thats another problem out of the way...i have cut it long so i can afford to play with the length until it is right....i have put the end cut on the flatbed linisher and ground it flat and im pleased to report there is a lot of meat on the prong

then married the blade up with the prospective handle ...and im very pleased.....i think it is "graceful"....i shall put a 1/4" inch brass or bronze but plate on the end at an angle with a round post wiv an ole through it for a leather cord.................i have used bits off this red stag horn a while back and it polishes like ivory...i will leave the other brown striations on it...

Mick..(Harnser)..........watch this thread and if it turns out nice i will give you the choice of this or you can wait until i will make my original idea..............this horn comes from an Norfolk Red,,,about 12 years ago and not far from here.........

so what i will do now is to have a look at it and take a few more measurements berfore i cut in the furrels.....i only have one shot at getting this right so i will take my time....

watch this space.........

opinel 3 001tn_.JPG

opinel 3 002tn_.JPG

opinel 3 003tn_.JPG

opinel 3 004tn_.JPG

opinel 3 005tn_.JPG

opinel 3 006tn_.JPG

opinel 3 007tn_.JPG

opinel 3 008tn_.JPG

opinel 3 009tn_.JPG

opinel 3 010tn_.JPG

opinel 3 011tn_.JPG

opinel 3 012tn_.JPG

opinel 3 013tn_.JPG

opinel 3 014tn_.JPG

opinel 3 015tn_.JPG

opinel 3 016tn_.JPG

19 minutes ago, CaptainBeaky said:

Now this is getting interesting 😎

i just wanted to have a bit of a mess about..............you know..."i wonder if i can"...........and as i am progressing im getting more and more pleased with it.....that graceful curve to the antler prong...is just sooo comfortable in the hand.......most of the work now is handwork so i have to be careful ...as i said i have one shot at getting this right....

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Is Poland known for its elephants?:whistling:

im a total and utter muppet.............well spotted..............countries could go to war as a result of my spelling.........i get most of the right letters but not nesersary in the right order..:lol:

i will just finish cutting the grass ...then i will put some more pics up..............:yahoo:

Edited by ditchman

now this took some time......mark file mark file mark file,.......etc ad infernitum....................did the first part with the big flat file ...then the flatbed linisher...then finally with the set of needle file i have............bit of patience and it came good........will cut it in tomorrow.......

the black lines are pencil marks...

opinel 4 001tn_.JPG

opinel 4 002tn_.JPG

opinel 4 003tn_.JPG

opinel 4 004tn_.JPG

opinel 4 005tn_.JPG

opinel 4 006tn_.JPG

opinel 4 007tn_.JPG

opinel 4 008tn_.JPG

opinel 4 009tn_.JPG

opinel 4 010tn_.JPG