Shooting wild goats - news story

Ricko

On 24/10/2018 at 21:33, Vince Green said:

It puts money into an economy that needs all the money it can get, the price of wool has collapsed, I think sheep are fetching about half what they did a few years ago at market. The hills that used to be covered with sheep are bare now. Fishing was ruined by the EU and nobody wears tweed anymore

The goats will end up on a plate no doubt, its no different to driving them to the abattoir, except somebody is prepared to fly in, pay a taxi to take them to a hotel stay a few nights and then probably pay an extortionate amount to do the abatoir's job for them  

The hotel benefits it creates  jobs and everybody wins. How can a Scottish MP be so thick  as not to realise, this is the real world, shooting is an industry in a rural economy.

You've never smelt a feral mountain billy goat 🐐 if you think any of it was going on a plate 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, greenshank1 said:

You've never smelt a feral mountain billy goat 🐐 if you think any of it was going on a plate 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

My five year old reported seeing one in woods at the edge of the house we were staying in on the shores of Loch Ard earlier this year. Tales of this massive goat were discounted as a young child’s over active imagination until we smelt them the next day and saw the bloody things! 

been going on for hundred of years in many parts of the world  Wicklow mountains of Ireland Wales Cornwall Devon Scotland and many other mountanance region throughout the world antis do not know / vegetarians the global impact on getting their veg to supermarket      the meat will not go to waste and a trophy to remember the stalk   now an American muppet comes along posts all over social media uproar and make more of the story all about look at me         stay off social media nobody cares you had a coffee a sandwich now having a ****       but shoot something all hell breaks loose  the morel of the story enjoy what you do with family and friends and stay away from social media    saves the drama

6 hours ago, Saltings said:

been going on for hundred of years in many parts of the world  Wicklow mountains of Ireland Wales Cornwall Devon Scotland and many other mountanance region throughout the world antis do not know / vegetarians the global impact on getting their veg to supermarket      the meat will not go to waste and a trophy to remember the stalk   now an American muppet comes along posts all over social media uproar and make more of the story all about look at me         stay off social media nobody cares you had a coffee a sandwich now having a ****       but shoot something all hell breaks loose  the morel of the story enjoy what you do with family and friends and stay away from social media    saves the drama

....and breath! 

8 hours ago, fister said:

Ironically after having taken on some Goats in Ireland earlier this month and now, after this, I have to shape some kind of article around the trip which was primarily for Sika deer yet, the goats are costly vermin to the sheep farmers so ‘when in Rome’.

Im sure you will put a good article together, im guessing it will only make shooting publications though? 

3 hours ago, fister said:

Yes because time is limited and they are the ones who pay for the articles after sending me on the trips away😏 I don’t do it to be called ‘pro-staff’ and get ego points like the youtubers etc.

Thats fair, but a shame it wont make other news. An article from a shooter and one that is educated and will put the point across well is needed.