Fox climbing high seat

Keith oakey

18 hours ago, TIDES EDGE said:

Sorry Keith that sort of thing is  beyond me as an old **** all I can suggest is join Uk Country Sports on Face Book .

13 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

watched a fox  chasing a cat last night through the thermal. amazing chased it up a fence line where the cat jumped up fox waited at the bottom but gave up after a while. 

Hi Bumpy22 

there was also a clip where a cat stood its ground and chased off a fox but can't find where I watched them, amazing what you see when out in the countryside 

2 hours ago, Keith oakey said:

Hi Bumpy22 

there was also a clip where a cat stood its ground and chased off a fox but can't find where I watched them, amazing what you see when out in the countryside 

Certainly see some interesting stuff through the thermal that I never did with the lamp

• 3 weeks later...

In my experience your average domestic 'Tiddles the soft and cuddly tabby' is actually such an agressive creature that 9 times out of 10 it will be the fox that runs from the cat. Seen these encounters so many times now and it's virtually always the fox that's on the back foot when the two meet. I think it's because the cat is willing to scrap it out if it comes to it, but the fox knows it cannot risk injury as being a wild animal injury nearly always = death.

I don't have thermal (or the ££ for it unfortunately) but sitting out with a gun leads to all sorts of odd sightings, like the evening I saw a fox working it's way along a ditch-line that holds a tiny brook. Obviously onto some scent trail it was focused on what it's nose was telling it right up to the instant a big dog otter leapt out of the bankside vegetation and all-but tore it a new back orifice.

I've had Charlie wander up as close as 8 or 9 feet on occasions, usually while sitting out for bunnies or roosting pigeons. 32g of #6 at that sort of range spoils their eyesight terribly .. they never see another thing.