My Lurcher ???.

samboy

Hi Gang.

My Beddy x Whippet is 9yrs old and iv'e had him 7yrs,  In all that time iv'e never heard him bark.

He grumbles a bit at feeding times but apart from that he's as quiet as a mouse

Anyone else got a dog like it ?.

Beddie terriers are notoriously mute that is why many terrier men did not favor them as a  single handed digging dog as they usually did not bay at their quarry so difficult to dig to the mark when to ground. It was not that they would not mix it up, beddie terriers can be as hard as nails and commonly used with other terriers which would give voice well. The advent of locator collars allowed beddies to be worked single handed.

Working Bedlingtons are bred from two similar lines, Gutchcommon and Rillington strain.

Had a couple of beddie whippets over the years that were fantastic lamp dogs and general skulkers that accounted for all manner of fir and feather. Blistering speed, one of mine was mustard on squatters and lovely temperament.

Oh , nights and days of the late 70's early 80's, wonderful years for lamping, the only thing I don't miss is carrying a car battery in a ruck sack and leaking acid all over me clothes, always full of holes. 

Dave she is a bonny looking dog, bet she has given a few Bunters a run for their money!

atb

7diaw

• 2 weeks later...

Springer spaniel got him at 2 years old lost him just before his 9th birthday never once heard him bark..

One of my neighbours did not even know i had a dog ( had him nearly 6 years ) at the time she only new when my back garden fence blew down in some strong winds 

and when she came out into her garden to inspect damage the dog was sat on my lawn watching he..she would not believe i had him for nearly 6 years at the time as

she had never heard a thing from him..

10 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Springer spaniel got him at 2 years old lost him just before his 9th birthday never once heard him bark..

One of my neighbours did not even know i had a dog ( had him nearly 6 years ) at the time she only new when my back garden fence blew down in some strong winds 

and when she came out into her garden to inspect damage the dog was sat on my lawn watching he..she would not believe i had him for nearly 6 years at the time as

she had never heard a thing from him..

and a little belter he was to boot !!! cracking boy