Debenhams now!

TIGHTCHOKE

The modern high street or town centre offers me personally nothing apart from one thing, Clarks shoes for my daughter (once Mothercare closes, Clarks inside). I don't loiter in town centres paying £2 p/h to drink coffee. I have no desire to be clad head to foot in Superdry gear at huge expense or some other equally expensive brand. I don't go to bookies. Rarely visit charity shops. Have no desire to walk into an estate agents office. Rarely need to go to the bank. Have no desire to sit in traffic to get to said overpriced car parks.

It doesn't help I'm a grumpy so and so. After I've been offered various gym membership, charity sob stories, forced out of the way by someone blindly talking or texting on their phone, I lose what little interest I had.

23 hours ago, arm3000gt said:

The modern high street or town centre offers me personally nothing apart from one thing, Clarks shoes for my daughter (once Mothercare closes, Clarks inside). I don't loiter in town centres paying £2 p/h to drink coffee. I have no desire to be clad head to foot in Superdry gear at huge expense or some other equally expensive brand. I don't go to bookies. Rarely visit charity shops. Have no desire to walk into an estate agents office. Rarely need to go to the bank. Have no desire to sit in traffic to get to said overpriced car parks.

It doesn't help I'm a grumpy so and so. After I've been offered various gym membership, charity sob stories, forced out of the way by someone blindly talking or texting on their phone, I lose what little interest I had.

Sounds a helluva lot like me.:good:

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 16:30, TIGHTCHOKE said:

People normally blame Brexit!

This is the problem, the world markets are going down. that's not bad as long as they are all following each other down, that's just 'tidal flow'. Markets go up and markets go down

The remainers will seize on any dip in the market as proof of their distorted view that its all down to Brexit. And they will shout it

Like the climate change fanatics who seize on every weather event as proof of (man made) global warming.

After Brexit will come Brexit Blaming when every tax increase or company that gets into difficulty will get blamed on Brexit, petrol goes up - Brexit, everything will be Brexit.