Carlsberg year on the deer and other pics.

sako751sg

Just back from a wee trip to the Borders on the Sika with the old fella and an absolutely top time was had.

4 days in all and although the weather wasnt the best and not too much rutting still good numbers seen.

Unfortunately luck was all one sided,with me grassing three 8 pointers,one 6 and a spiker for the freezer but the old fella blanking but there were opportunities plenty for him but time was always on the wrong side as is very common when dealing with these.

Great species and a non stop education.

Managed all 6 species this year so doesnt get much better than that especially having a top season on the roe too.

Started the ducks a fortnight ago and all ponds stuffed with mallard and teal.Lack of splashes with the dry summer is helping although some amount of feeding needed.

Coming to the end of the toms and chillis and been and absolute stunning season for them too.Have 6 varieties of the hot stuff and the fruits still to turn are plenty with loads bagged and in the freezer.Way too much toms so freezer full of tom and chilli soup which will be spot on over the winter.

e0NOsaY.jpg

zyW9Jqx.jpg

sALKTap.jpg

2QP2qod.jpg

ijg9Opy.jpg

UbmJQVu.jpg

8DX0ixY.jpg

InNCcR4.jpg

vgXLR2e.jpg

nPAO7TE.jpg

jgInpg5.jpg

LWsEjBM.jpg

W93GxiJ.jpg

JT8x1d8.jpgJT8x1d8.jpg

uA5jYUG.jpg

IVIvwyr.jpg

DTpd6z3.jpg

saYyZ2x.jpg

0zjfGm8.jpg

RZWWUHl.jpg

ln0BSay.jpg

m8Abh6h.jpg

On 26/10/2018 at 14:43, 7daysinaweek said:

Sako

think you deserve two pints of Carlsberg!

What a cracking break for you and your father  and certainly the freezer must be bulging. As per your usual posts the pictures do not disappoint and you have had some lovely beasts.

atb

7diaw

Cheers bud.

Nice words from you but ill always say i,m very very lucky so have what i have.

On 26/10/2018 at 19:26, bobo said:

Was that a racing doo the spug was on??

Just a feral that lives in the lads pig sheds.

Was actually standing speaking to him and he mentioned coming that night and thinning them out.He asked what would be taking them as he had found various clumps of feathers,and after the chat i drove 30m down his track there it was.

Gave the farmer a shout and he was amazed when it took off carrying the doo.

On 26/10/2018 at 20:43, bumpy22 said:

as soon as i read the title for the thread and saw your name mate i knew there would be some fantastic animals. looking at those pictures my thoughts were proven correct:good:brilliant thanks for posting

Too kind fella.

Just very lucky to live in a great area of the UK and know some excellent people.

On 27/10/2018 at 12:07, Bluebarrels said:

As always mate a cracking post,thanks for sharing 💂‍♂️

Cheers BB.

Married yesterday and had some troops up i hadnt seen in the best part of 20 years.The missus has organised the lot and was themed with loads of BRB and shooting.

On 27/10/2018 at 17:58, Gerry78 said:

Brilliant mate some great photos :good:

Thanks fella.

On 27/10/2018 at 19:23, Fisheruk said:

Something to aspire too. Great thanks for posting. 👍

Ta bud.

Doing it with the old fella makes it very special.

6 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

You've had a great year Dave. Some cracking Sika stags , were you at Stobo again ?

Just checked my diary and back in 2003 I bagged all 6 species of deer too plus goats.

Haven't got the time or the money to chase deer all over the country now , but wouldn't mind.

Aye Mark,Stobo again and a very lucky year.

Hadnt realsied it was all 6 until the missus asked how many ive had this year.

Dont really fancy the goats,stinking things im told pretty often.

I know what you mean about the money but im lucky that most of the expense is just travel costs.Mine will probably stop now,got married yesterday so not sure if ill see the bank card again.

17 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Cheers BB.

Married yesterday and had some troops up i hadnt seen in the best part of 20 years.The missus has organised the lot and was themed with loads of BRB and shooting.

Congratulations mate💂‍♂️

The BRB family never leaves us.

12 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Congratulations Dave , I am sure you will still be out as much as possible , its in the blood :good:

Ta bud,and sure i will be.Cant see much changing after 25 years together.

2 hours ago, GREENGRASS said:

Wonderful write up intro Dave. Also the images complement the post, as we have all become accustomed to.

Keep up the great work and keep the posts coming.

I've requested a crate of Carlsberg from the wife when she goes shopping next.

GG 👍

Cheers GG.

Hardly post nowadays but like to put the odd one in now and again and as usual still taking way too many pics but always good for references and memories.

After this weekend dont think ill ever be on the beer again.

12 hours ago, GREENGRASS said:

That's what I always say LoL

G G 

Aye,probably guilty of saying it once or twice through the years myself.

9 hours ago, Penelope said:

Superb.

Cheers bud.

3 hours ago, nobbyathome said:

what are the skulls 14th picture down?

They are Chinese Water Deer.

3 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Stunning, stunning and more stunning :good: 

Some lovely Sika stags there mate. Out of interest have you built another house just to house the trophies or do you have one enormous wall 

Thanks Mike.

Had a very lucky few days on the Sika.

Lol,no extra house and we stay in a pretty small one to be honest so i have 10 medal roe up on shields and if the Sika medals ill get him up too.An American lad has around 40 of my own roe medal heads in his collection in the US and know he appreciates them along with a few hundred others.

On 31/10/2018 at 12:34, Mice! said:

You might say you don't post much but there always good to read with great pictures.

And congratulations on getting Wed 👏👏 

Hopefully some enjoy them fella.

Cheers regarding the wedding,after 25 years hopefully theres not much to change.