Got the itch.

la bala

When ever I see Knife Making posts I get the itch. No prizes for telling me who started the itch :lol:. Standing in the corner of my workshop is my old parabolic springs off the landy. I thought I would chop a lump off and see what it looked like. Well it looks good to me, time to crack the forge up me thinks. I will see how it goes but if anyone in Fenland needs a lump, give me a shout.

Capture spring.PNG

Capture spring1.PNG

Capture spring2.PNG

My friend the late Finn Aagaard told me that if ever they broke a spring on their Land Rovers in Kenya there would be a scamble by his trackers/skinners etc., for the pieces and they would sit for hours grinding away on a stone until they had a knife or a machete you could shave with.  Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

11 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

My friend the late Finn Aagaard told me that if ever they broke a spring on their Land Rovers in Kenya there would be a scamble by his trackers/skinners etc., for the pieces and they would sit for hours grinding away on a stone until they had a knife or a machete you could shave with.  Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

That ditchman used to make stuff out of springs in Africa, I think he used posh Landcruiser ones.:lol:

14 minutes ago, ditchman said:

hhahhahhhahhahhhhhahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

you just cant leave it alone.........,,,

ONWARD AND UPWARD...............:yahoo:

Dam bloke, got to go and spend me pension on coke breeze now.

Edited by la bala

1 hour ago, la bala said:

That ditchman used to make stuff out of springs in Africa, I think he used posh Landcruiser ones.

Dam bloke, got to go and spend me pension on coke breeze now.

good memory.................the old landcruiser springs.....they were a lot thinner (multi leaf not para's)

with that landy spring you are better off spending you pension on grinding equip'....thats thick ole stuff boi............

A guy I knew used to be a veterinary assistant in Kenya, he said that after morning briefing everyone raced outside to get to the land cruiser first, as the Land Pig suspension shook the fillings out of your teeth! Lol!

Nothing to do with cutlery.....but probably pretty accurate? Lol!

28 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

A guy I knew used to be a veterinary assistant in Kenya, he said that after morning briefing everyone raced outside to get to the land cruiser first, as the Land Pig suspension shook the fillings out of your teeth! Lol!

Nothing to do with cutlery.....but probably pretty accurate? Lol!

yeah.....but you couldnt load a landcruiser up with 12 africans and one ton of casava...and 5cwt of coffee beans.......4 goats and 27 chickens ...could you now ..:lol:

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

That's what trailers are for! Lol!

i have spent 18 years in africa...and never once did i see a trailer attatched to a landrover....except on expidition vehicles...................

seen a trailer attatched to a bycicle....never a landy tho...