Rules..for the many, or the few ?

Rewulf

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Not sure how that one works, if she goes  guilty and gets the conviction,  but doesnt get locked up does she have to step down ?

If she goes to jail definitely, shes toast 😯

She has absolutely no credibility at the moment, hopefully she has been found out and will stop playing the system at our expense.

13 hours ago, Gordon R said:

She hasn't been found guilty of anything at the moment, although it doesn't look good.

I quite agree Gordon, I look forward to her day in court. I would love to have heard the conversation between her and her brother when he decided to tell the truth!

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Has the bloody woman no shame?

No ,I don't think she ,or her son has any at all , they probably both think they are some kind of social justice warriors.

But what they really are ,are blatent corrupt opportunists, her son is also a criminal and she is bordering upon one.

But you have to be careful what you say unless you get called a racist eh ?

1 minute ago, Yellow Bear said:

And is it any surprise that it is awfully quiet on good old aunty Beeb  about it

Only article I could find was from the Peterborough Telegraph this morning stating it is today.

Seeing as her brother has already admitted misleading the Police and is awaiting sentencing, I watch with great interest as to how she accounts for herself.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Only article I could find was from the Peterborough Telegraph this morning stating it is today.

Seeing as her brother has already admitted misleading the Police and is awaiting sentencing, I watch with great interest as to how she accounts for herself.

Had it been a tory or indy involved the press would have been all over it like a severe rash.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Adjourned till tomorrow, when it will start proper, shes still pleading not guilty, expected to last all week.

On 06/11/2018 at 06:38, JohnfromUK said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6356231/Labour-frontbencher-faces-probe-promoted-son-chief-staff.html

As more emerges on this, it becomes increasingly clear how truly contemptible these Osamor people (and those who defend them) are.  The dealer should be in jail for dealing and the mother should at least loose any public office.

It appears if you are in the  'inner party', within Labour the rules don't apply.

Nearly right, surely you meant any party?

On 06/11/2018 at 12:41, JohnfromUK said:

My take on it is that it will never work:

People are not born equal - in that they have different ambitions, and characteristics.  Some like a good night out and look little beyond that - others plan a route and strategy to the top.

On the whole in the UK, there are (reasonably) equal opportunities; people from humble backgrounds can and do rise to the top of the tree in business, sport, politics, entertainment.  But it is done through talent, hard work, and probably a good bit of luck.  It isn't necessarily done through family connection or wealth, though these can make the path easier and reduce the dependence on the 'luck' element.

If by some magic you 'equalised' everyone's situations - within a short period the majority of rich and talented from pre equalisation days would be ascending - and the poor would be loosing/wasting what they had and becoming poorer.

For me, the route to a good system is to get everyone working for a goal - and that probably has to mean a 'capitalist style' society where success and hard work are encouraged and rewarded.  Then they in turn can contribute to helping those in society who need help - the sick, injured, disabled, elderly.  That is how I believe a caring society should work.  Those who are simply too bone idle to contribute should be left at the bottom.

Most wealthy people I have known are very keen to help the true 'needy' - and very reluctant to help the bone idle.

If this is how he behaves he has no place in our society - and need to be excluded - prison - NOW.

This is just modern society?

Unfit for purpose now following years of political meddling?

6 minutes ago, old man said:

Nearly right, surely you meant any party?

Labour seems to have a distinction between the wider Parliamentary labour party;- the majority of whom are either 'traditional Labour, or the Blair/Brown 'new' Labour - and didn't support Jeremy Corbyn for leader - and the 'inner Labour' who are Corbyn's close supporters and have some MPs, but are mostly simply vocal active Labour members, many also being Momentum members.

I would regard the old traditional Labour as much more likely to lead an 'honest' life, even if I don't like their politics.

I don't see other parties as having the same split between the Parliamentary party and the 'party machine/grass roots'

Edited by JohnfromUK

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Labour seems to have a distinction between the wider Parliamentary labour party;- the majority of whom are either 'traditional Labour, or the Blair/Brown 'new' Labour - and didn't support Jeremy Corbyn for leader - and the 'inner Labour' who are Corbyn's close supporters and have some MPs, but are mostly simply vocal active Labour members, many also being Momentum members.

I would regard the old traditional Labour as much more likely to lead an 'honest' life, even if I don't like their politics.

A correct summation in my view too.