Rules..for the many, or the few ?

Rewulf

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

3 generations of hard left corruption.

Hiding behind their colour, any attempt at criticism, swatted away with the racist accusation.

Not a peep out of Corbyn, wonder what dirt they have on him ...

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I trust that justice will be done, this time.

She will wriggle like an slippery eel, immediately appeal if found guilty, and blame media interest ( of which there's hardly any) for not getting a fair trial.

She will throw her brother to the dogs, and barely spend a night in jail.

That's how much faith I have in her getting justice.

This is interesting!        From the BBC website.

"An MP accused of lying about who was behind the wheel of a speeding car has blamed her brother for the offence.

Fiona Onasanya, 35, told the Old Bailey Festus Onasanya was driving her Nissan Micra when it was caught doing 41mph in a 30mph zone in Thorney, Cambridgeshire, on 24 July 2017.

The Peterborough MP denies one count of perverting the course of justice.

Her 33-year-old brother has already pleaded guilty to the same charge and two similar counts.

Evidence used in court showed Ms Onasanya's mobile phone was being used in the vicinity of the speed camera at the time of the offence.

She told the jury her brother "would have had to be driving me" because "I don't use my phone when driving".

"I would have had to have been a passenger," she said".

"Ms Onasanya also told the court her younger brother "thinks he must have been driving" because he was given the notice of intended prosecution (NIP) by their mother.

Earlier, the MP was asked about evidence from Mark Williams, an investigator for the Cambridgeshire Camera Ticket unit.

Following a phone conversation with her about the NIP on 2 November 2017, he recorded Ms Onasanya saying she "did sign the response", which she denied in court.

Defence lawyer David Jeremy QC later accused the MP of having "sacrificed" her brother "to save yourself".

Ms Onasanya had previously claimed a Russian man was driving her car when it was caught speeding.

The trial continues."

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Emphasis!

9 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

This is interesting! .........

Well - no doubt the person she visited (who has already given evidence) could confirm if the brother was there.  If she was at his house for "between 2 and 4 hours" it seems unlikely he waited in the car all of the time.  Most would invite the driver in for coffee/use the loo etc.

Also - she may not have 'hands free' in a smaller Nissan (or perhaps she did?), but you can always pull over to use the phone - and it isn't unknown for people to break the law and use the phone while driving .......... but then again, she (as an upright character, never accused of any wrongdoing) would never do that would she?

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I am waiting for her to say that she lends her phones out as well as her car!

I think she has already said that in the previous trial (or am I imagining it?) 

To be fair, if she has more than one phone, one may be an 'office' phone.  For someone like an MP, I would not be at all surprised if they had an MP business phone with the number known to 'business' colleagues/associates etc., that might be handed to a PA/assistant when you are busy or on holiday, and a 'private' phone - which is fully private - and you would never lend out.

14 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I think she has already said that in the previous trial (or am I imagining it?) 

To be fair, if she has more than one phone, one may be an 'office' phone.  For someone like an MP, I would not be at all surprised if they had an MP business phone with the number known to 'business' colleagues/associates etc., that might be handed to a PA/assistant when you are busy or on holiday, and a 'private' phone - which is fully private - and you would never lend out.

She has two phones and both were in the area of the speeding offence at the time of the offence, established by the Police and used in the prosecution case in the first trial.

15 minutes ago, Dibble said:

Is this a different excuse to the last trial, if so is it perjury?

This wasn't mentioned previously, or in interview, so is technically inadmissible, I did say a few days ago she would throw her brother under a bus.

Hopefully we have a jury who can see through this, but I'm not holding my breath for a conviction.