Renewal Form

button

Can someone clarify that when filling out renewal and you get to convictions, if you have a speeding offence that is dealt with by way of fixed penalty, am I right in saying that as it did not go to court it is not classed as a conviction? When I check my driving licence conviction date is scored out which leads me to think it's not classed this way and it would only be classed as a conviction if found guilty by court 

I know everyone will say declare but I just want to know the position to the letter of the law as my friend disputes the above but the form clearly says no need to declare FP notices 

Thanks

You don't need to declare it. It's in black and white in the notes.

13. You must not withhold information about any conviction. This includes motoring offences (including speeding offences), bindovers, formal written cautions and convictions in and outside Great Britain, and (by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975) convictions which are spent under the 1974 Act. A conditional discharge and an absolute discharge both count as convictionsfor this purpose. Details of parking offences and fixed penalty notices do not need to be declared

Edited by walshie

I am doing my renewal at the moment I'm sure on the old form I used to put none since last renewal in the convictions section.

I have a couple of old motoring offences and can't for the life of me remember dates or details so will have to put a estimate in and write that on the form.

8 minutes ago, Old melv said:

I am doing my renewal at the moment I'm sure on the old form I used to put none since last renewal in the convictions section.

I have a couple of old motoring offences and can't for the life of me remember dates or details so will have to put a estimate in and write that on the form.

You can check your driving convictions online.

7 hours ago, Old melv said:

I am exactly the same, from my first certificate I can’t for the life of me remember when any convictions were as they were decades ago. 

2 hours ago, figgy said:

I am exactly the same, from my first certificate I can’t for the life of me remember when any convictions were as they were decades ago. 

Just put none since last renewal make it easy for everyone 🙂 

although I always keep a photocopy of my last renewal forms In case they loose them and for easy reference