Shotgun cleaning

Proudly

Chuckled reading this.

Spends thousands on a shot gun, because you can, and you like it. And no doubt everyone knows at the shoot how much it cost you.

But scrimp on pennies because your too tight to spend a couple of quid on cleaning products. 

Please excuse my laughing. 😂

13 hours ago, Dougy said:

Chuckled reading this.

Spends thousands on a shot gun, because you can, and you like it. And no doubt everyone knows at the shoot how much it cost you.

But scrimp on pennies because your too tight to spend a couple of quid on cleaning products. 

I spent £650 on a used, old Beretta Dougy & asked a question on cleaning products. You’re laughing is excused as you’ve just made yourself look a bellend 👍🏻

7 hours ago, Proudly said:

I spent £650 on a used, old Beretta Dougy & asked a question on cleaning products. You’re laughing is excused as you’ve just made yourself look a bellend 👍🏻

I don’t think this was aimed at you. It’s more for the guy who save a few quid by making up their own mixture and apply it to a gun that cost a thousands.

I would say if you can save a few quid and the mixture is good then why not.

21 hours ago, Dougy said:

Chuckled reading this.

^^^^me to 😂

8 hours ago, Proudly said:

That's not very nice is it now.

I kind of understand your reply,but is was not directed at you personally or other person that has posted. What I'm getting at is trying to understand why people spend their hard earned cash on a shotgun that you could pass down to their great grand kids. But then look for the cheapest cleaning stuff they can find. 

Dougy be

4 hours ago, Dougy said:

That's not very nice is it now.

I kind of understand your reply,but is was not directed at you personally or other person that has posted. What I'm getting at is trying to understand why people spend their hard earned cash on a shotgun that you could pass down to their great grand kids. But then look for the cheapest cleaning stuff they can find. 

Dougy be

Sorry if I took your comments the wrong way Dougy, it appeared you were having a dig at me. I’m quite happy to buy a few products that will look after my gun. £650 may not be much to some but it was for me so I’d like to keep it in good condition. 

3 hours ago, Proudly said:

Sorry if I took your comments the wrong way Dougy, it appeared you were having a dig at me. I’m quite happy to buy a few products that will look after my gun. £650 may not be much to some but it was for me so I’d like to keep it in good condition. 

No need to apologise proudly I'm thick skinned and take what i give so no worrys. 

In my plastic box of cleaning goodies I have solvent wipes for removing plastic wadding, ( free sample from work, yes cheap to me but not to buy) and a chamber brush & various cloths impregnated with silicon for the wood work and another with oil for the metalwork. 

For the barrels and bores pretty much any gun oil the shop sells will do and they do cost pennies. Wd40 has done many for years (me included) and some will disapprove. 

A good rod, jag,brush,mop and chamber brush will last decades and can cost less than £20. Kitchen roll and gun oil. The whole lot is less than a round of drinks. You don't need to attach it to drills or anything silly as the solvents and chamber brush ensure the plastic fouling is gone. It takes me less than 10 minutes to strip and clean a semi auto and about 10 for my o/u. Both are as old as me and both are in "mint" condition despite the abuse they receive. Look after the gun and it will look after you for years to come.