Deciding the result by countback

Salopian

Any views on deciding results by using countback ?

A friend shot an equal high score yesterday and we were gone home by 11.30 . Equal score was handed in at 15.30 .

Because we were not available for shoot off prize was forfeited????? Should we really wait around for 4+ hours ?

Thoughts and any problems please, will be appreciated.

I'd want to know the criteria for the countback in advance, it can be made to mean different things at different grounds/times. Does it mean first score handed in ? That can be a rubbish way of settling a placing, does it mean the organiser selects one or two stands in advance to gauge the difference between equal scores ? Does it mean first one to miss a clay ? Who knows what order the shooter went about his round, his/her first miss may well have occurred on his 8th stand which just happened to be number 2 stand !! 

I'm sure many a shooter has found favour with an organiser, the subject is just too murky as we hand our cards in even we can't remember these kinds of details and there is no way of checking, thankfully the prizes involved are usually not worth worrying about. 

I think it should be a toss of a coin recorded video. Only takes a minute and if I’m front of crowd no funny business. Count back is cack. If prize money just split it if both parties agree. 

I have seen top place awarded to the shooter who stayed or shot later in the day and was present.