New coat required, need advice

Beretta28g

My thoughts and observations  in no particular order of preference.

Rivers west eider jacket . I like this jacket its warm got rubber cuffs is waterproof and not too expensive, in extreme cold a few years ago it was left lacking but i could have warn more thermal jumpers underneath so no real fault of jacket, they got a reputation for zip trouble but apart from a few snag ups rushing to get out on marsh again my fault mine as been fine.

Sports chief great jacket it wore very well and if you can find one would be a good coat.

Pro logic i dont have one but know a few who do and like them they report warm and durable .

Rivers west kentdale parka good coat but i was disappointed in it in a few areas it was a bit long for a fowling coat, and although warm enough was not the best on warmth, i much prefer the eider generally.

Browning dirty bird my son has one its brilliant its too small for me but its warm and practical in most fowling conditions its a winner in my book.

Cabelas wetland s jacket, this jacket is the best for warmth i come accros its a bit much walking in sometimes, i had it on today but way too warm for these temps and i knew about it, but if i were to pick a coat for a cold session a freezing morning wind snow i would pick that coat up. not the best zip and i do get snaggs now and again but overall i love this coat.

Heavy rain wet conditions British or us army gortex outsize shell outer layer over the jacket of your choice is the only way i have been totally happy in wet conditions .

On 04/11/2018 at 21:12, andrewluke said:

Rivers West jackets get heavy when wet and get very uncomfortable

I agree with this but i did say only time i am tottaly happy in wet conditions is when jacket used with British or us army gortex shell, IMHO if its wet gortex is the only way to go anything else holds water like permatex ( nomad  Smocks ) or other types material they  dont breathe sufficiently then condensation arises, in my opinion i think gortex does a decent job and the ex army shells pack small enough and are cheap and work good. .